It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Dizziness, head,neck and upper shoulder pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2016, 06:46 PM   #1
    patty818
    (female)

patty818 HB User
    Dizziness, head,neck and upper shoulder pain

Hi
    I don't know if anyone can help, but I really need it. My ENT says i have vestibular dysfunction, whatever that is? I am suppose to start VRT in march. I don't know what type of dysfunction I have. All Iknow is days out of every week I get this headache, that comes immediately with dizziness that lasts for hours and days and neck pain and upper shoulder pain and extreme tightness on both shoulders. The head pain goes up into the forhead over my eyes and alsway on both sides. The worst is this dizzienss, i've had this now for 8 months, it feels like I'm rocking or swaying, when I walk sometime i feel as if im walking on marsh mello's. I'm am so sick of this crap, every day there is some type of dizziness, I honestly don't know how much more i can take. When it first happened in july last year, I had an eply did nothing, so I went the ENT and he did VNG test and said vestibular dysfunction. I've beent to GP, neuorologist who did trigger point injection, now i'm seeing a atlas orthogenal chiro who has been adjusting the C1.
    I don't know what to do next. I am so sick of all this, i'm very frustrated and angry becuase I can't even move without having this dizziness, swaying rocking thing. I'm about to explode. I had to leave work today because of the neck, head and shoulder pain with the dizziness, it scares me so much that I went into panic and thought i was going to pass out.
    My life is becoming so limited, I have no interest in doing anything, I'm so afraid of the dizziness, the only thing I do is go to work because I have to.
    Does anyone else have this type of dizziness and any help.
    Thanks
    Patty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
    tummy2
    Veteran
    (male)

tummy2 HB User
    Re: Dizziness, head,neck and upper shoulder pain

Quote:
    Originally Posted by patty818 View Post
    Hi
    I don't know if anyone can help, but I really need it. My ENT says i have vestibular dysfunction, whatever that is? I am suppose to start VRT in march. I don't know what type of dysfunction I have. All Iknow is days out of every week I get this headache, that comes immediately with dizziness that lasts for hours and days and neck pain and upper shoulder pain and extreme tightness on both shoulders. The head pain goes up into the forhead over my eyes and alsway on both sides. The worst is this dizzienss, i've had this now for 8 months, it feels like I'm rocking or swaying, when I walk sometime i feel as if im walking on marsh mello's. I'm am so sick of this crap, every day there is some type of dizziness, I honestly don't know how much more i can take. When it first happened in july last year, I had an eply did nothing, so I went the ENT and he did VNG test and said vestibular dysfunction. I've beent to GP, neuorologist who did trigger point injection, now i'm seeing a atlas orthogenal chiro who has been adjusting the C1.
    I don't know what to do next. I am so sick of all this, i'm very frustrated and angry becuase I can't even move without having this dizziness, swaying rocking thing. I'm about to explode. I had to leave work today because of the neck, head and shoulder pain with the dizziness, it scares me so much that I went into panic and thought i was going to pass out.
    My life is becoming so limited, I have no interest in doing anything, I'm so afraid of the dizziness, the only thing I do is go to work because I have to.
    Does anyone else have this type of dizziness and any help.
    Thanks
    Patty
    Hi,

I am sorry you are here.. It obviously means you are not feeling well. So a couple of things.

1. Vestibular Dysfunction is the malfunctioning of your balance system. This includes your inner ear, eyes and skin as sensory organs to determine your spacial place at the moment. Think of the reason you get motion sickness -- Your brain thinks you are sitting down, only you are actually moving.

2. VRT -- Vestibular rahab therapy is a method of retraining the brain to make you less dizzy. Look at figure skaters... Why dont they get dizzy when they do those spins? Well, essentially they have trained their brain to not get dizzy.

Many people with vestibular disorders experience next and shoulder pain... Honestly, I have no idea why... Is it from tensing up or is it a symptom.

The good news is that it surely goes away... Get on the VRT therapy and you should start seeing improvements. Also, try to remember if you have made any progress over the past 7 months... however little you think or do not realize it... stuff you could not do but can do now..

Old 03-02-2016, 01:03 AM   #3
    AreGee
    (female)

AreGee HB User
    Re: Dizziness, head,neck and upper shoulder pain

Hello. So I know exactly how you feel. I had and have similar experiences and symptoms, I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease, which is an autoimmune inner ear disorder that impacts the vestibular nerve. It causes some or all of the following: hearing loss, fullness/ear pressure, sound distortion, vertigo, tinnitus, dizziness/rocking, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, nystagmus, brain fog, muscle tension, anxiety, and other various symptoms. It's a neuro-physiological disease. Stress, dehydration, loud noises, etc. can trigger vertigo and other symptoms. I've had it since I was 20. I am out of remission again for a good while now so I'm going back through a full testing assessment. My ENTs specialize in this inner ear disease, but most doctors are uneducated about it. I also developed TMJ despite 6 years of oral orthodontry and peridontry. Next docs to see are: Otarologist, Immunology (allergies, sinus, asthma), Endocrinologist, and Neurologist (temporal bone scan to check for SCDS)

Perhaps you don't have what I have, but it's a fairly unknown disorder that's just being realized by the medical community. Look into it, it's worth a shot to maybe guide your doctors to check into it.

Closed Thread