It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Chronic ear itching

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
    kraf957
    (male)

kraf957 HB User
    Chronic ear itching

Left ear itches/burns in the canal and sometimes on the outside skin of the ear, also sometimes I get the feeling like its leaking some type of liquid throughout the canal(I'm not sure it is, but it feels that way), when I touch/push down tragus there's a click sound, when swallowing/jogging/turning my neck clicking sound increases to rattling, after taking a shower it starts to itch even more every time. Been this
    way for a few years now and is only getting worse. No acute symptoms, no deafness, no tinnitus, but the whole area around that ear feels weird.

History of both right and left ear (mostly left) infections - I'm now 21, so from age 14 to 16 I had a couple of ear infections, then nothing till I was 19 when my tonsils got really big, in 3-4 months I had like 3 consecutive infections (without the behind the ear crusting), lab analysis showed yeast infection, in some order I used Naftifine hydrochloride, Amoxicillin-Clavulanate, Isoconazolum/Diflucortolonum, then had a tonsillectomy and since then I had no acute ear infections with pus or anything like that, however that itching/clicking, which wasn't present during the time I had any of those infections or before, started to appear and got worse over time.

During this whole period I had 3 head scans (2 of them with unnecessary programmes where the clinic completely ripped me off, 1 specific to inner ear), with radiologist's diagnosis very similar in all 3 (rough translation to English, I'm from Europe): (1st) Left temporal bone mastoid antrum(?) cells filled with hyperintense substance, signs of mastoiditis, right mastoid antrum cells not developed, hypointense signal from bone / (2nd) Few mastoid cells on the left / (3rd) Left mastoid antrum(?) cells visible, possible inflammatory process. However my ENT doctor, using ear speculum, says he doesn't see anything in the ear canal itself and is not sure what kind of treatment would work here.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-21-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread