It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• week 6 of Labyrnthitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-09-2016, 06:11 AM   #1
    Cweez720
    (female)

Cweez720 HB User
    week 6 of Labyrnthitis

I am going on week 6 of Labyrnthitis. It all started when I was at work one day typing on my computer. All of a sudden I felt a rage of heat come over my body and I felt extremely dizzy and tense. I went to the restroom thinking "something is not right".... It was in the restroom that I had a panic attack for about an hour and had to go home early from work. It kept happening the next day and the next day. I went to my doctor and told him I have been having panic attacks, he put me on Sertraline which only made things worse and made me wake up at 3am on the dot every day. I stopped taking that because it did more harm than good. After about a week I started to realize that it wasn't panic attacks, I was getting extremely dizzy and therefore I was having a panic attack because I did not know what was happening. Also, when I say dizzy I mostly mean feeling like I am going to faint. I feel like I have to keep mentally catching myself from passing out. I switched doctors and my new doctor told me it was Labyrnthitis. I told him this happened a few days after recovering from a cold. I'm not sure if it is related, but I was using the Neti-Pot when I was sick and even a few days after I was feeling better I kept using it just to keep my sinuses clear. Maybe I got water in my inner ear? Who knows. I went to an ENT who ordered a balance test, that I will be taking next week. The week after that I am getting an MRI of my brain to rule out any other serious issues. Around week 2-4 I would get a strong tingling in my hands and feet. My left hand would go numb during the night and it would wake me up. I got a neck massage and there was a particular spot the massage therapist pressed on that made that same hand go numb, which was pinpointing where the numbness was coming from. The numbness only woke me up for two more nights and then it was gone. I was told this was probably because of the way I was holding my neck, being so anxious and dizzy all of the time. Now I have occasional tingling in my hands, arms, legs and feet, which is why I'm going to get an MRI of the brain to rule out any neurological condition. I read that it could also be anxiety, which I have plenty of. I ordered some Gankgo pills to help with the dizzy and faintness, and once they come in I pray that they will work. I have read on other forums that they have helped for other people. I will say that staying positive is the only thing that has gotten me this far. I find myself constantly googling and trying to figure out new ways to cope. One thing I did that really helped was acupuncture. When I was done I was extremely dizzy but very very mellow as if my anxiety was gone. The acupuncturist told me any kind of change is good, so if you feel really bad or really good when you get home then that is good. It means it did something. When I got home for some reason I was extremely ****** off and emotional. Thank god my boyfriend has been so understanding and supportive, bless his heart. The next day I felt a lot better waking up to go to work, I was about 75% normal as opposed to my usual 50% since this has been going on. When I'm at work each day all I want to do is make the time pass so I can go home and lay down in my bed. I just keep telling myself that every day is one day closer to it being over, and I'm sticking to that until I am 100% again! Ok enough of my yapping.... Here were my symptoms

Symptoms:
    Extremely Dizzy
    Extremely faint
    Extreme anxiety
    Eyes feel like they are not tracking together
    Tingling in my hands and feet
    Fatigue
    Diarrhea
    Tight chest and throat (only on some days) - probably due to anxiety
    Feel like fluid coming out of ear when I lay to one side, or sometimes randomly throughout the day. Of course no fluid ever comes out though ��

I have NOT had any hearing loss or ear pain. A tiny bit of tinnitus.

Things I have tried:
    Garlic oil in the ear - only made me anxious and more dizzy because I was scared I would damage something in my ear. I didn't see any improvement afterwards anyway
    Talking to a therapist - slowly but surely it is helping with the anxiety
    Anxiety medicine - Try to take care of your anxiety naturally, the medicine has done more harm than good
    Meclizine - didn't do anything for me
    Acupuncture - I saw improvements after one visit. It can be very expensive but I found a "community acupuncture" that is very affordable and the only difference is that you are not in a private room. You are laying in a room where a bunch of other patients are laying as well. Everyone is quiet and everyone is spaced out so you aren't all laying on top of each other.
    Massages - it doesn't have to be a full blown massage (which will help), but I tend to find relieve just massaging any area around my ear

I know this is such a horrible illness and I am still not better but I am telling you it WILL get better!! If some days are good and some days are bad, that is ok! I had ONLY bad days in the beginning, now I have good days and bad days. The only thing is that you get used to being "normal" again that when a bad day hits you, it's almost like you have to learn how to deal with it all over again.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-09-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread