It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Vestibular Therapy -- Should I Keep This Up?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #1
    ojsegal
    (female)

ojsegal HB User
    Question Vestibular Therapy -- Should I Keep This Up?!

Hi -
    I began demonstrating symptoms of a vestibular disorder about 3 years ago. After months of no answers and progressively worsening symptoms, I found an ENT who pointed me to a vestibular rehab therapist. After weeks of VRT, I finally began to feel normal again. From then until now, I have had bouts of symptoms (usually triggered by exhaustion/stress), but have been able to sleep off these symptoms within 2/3 days. About a week ago, I began to have a serious flare up of symptoms - and this time I can tell that I will not be able to sleep these off. Here's a general timeline and list of my symptoms:
    - At first, I started to feel like I was on a magic carpet ride whenever I closed my eyes.
    - Around this time, I began feeling like my upper body was being gently pushed forward by a wave.
    - After 3 days of these symptoms, I saw my therapist. She gave me exercises. For the past couple mornings, I have woken up feeling a little better and then getting worse and worse as the week progresses
    - Today, I had the terribly familiar feeling of being pulled down to the ground by my lower back. Sometimes it feels like I'm being pulled in different directions, sometimes up sometimes to the side. It's really a horrible feeling.
    I know that for many of us, VRT makes symptoms worse before they get better. My therapist is away on vacation for the next week, and I'm wondering if I should continue with the exercises she gave me. I just really really don't want them to get worse. Have any of you experienced a similar progression of symptoms? Would you keep up your therapy if your symptoms continued to get so much worse? I don't want to OVER over compensate. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated. It's hard to stay positive with vestibular issues, to say the least.

Last edited by ojsegal; 07-19-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    dizziness, vertigo, vestibular