It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Do I have an inner ear disorder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-12-2016, 11:13 PM   #1
    HK47
    (male)

HK47 HB User
    Do I have an inner ear disorder?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

I have had a visual disturbance for 8 years now. I am 18 and have had it since I was 10 years old.

As of recently, however, I have had doubts about this disturbance being visual because the eye doctor told me my eyes were fine.

Now, I think something is wrong with my ears which made me feel like something was wrong with my vision. I will still call it a visual disturbance just for the sake of explanation.

My vision seemed to change after I woke up during the nighttime, and I remember being terrified by the sudden change. The visual disturbance is constant.

It is very difficult for me to describe my vision, and it has prevented me from communicating effectively with my doctors. The best way I can describe it is as dream-like and disorienting. I also feel a slight pressure on the top of my head.

I have myopia and have had it before I was ten-years-old so my vision did not change in sharpness. My vision problem does not fall under the usual visual disturbances like double, blurry, etc unless my brain is somehow compensating for the abnormal vision and masking the problem.

Now, why do I suspect of having an inner ear disorder?

Because of two instances of feeling "off" on the same day that the vision change happened.

The first instance being me feeling the things around me swaying. I felt like I was going to fall. This lasted for some seconds. It was a feeling I never experienced before.

The second instance (on the same day) was me playing my PSP (a portable video game device) and then feeling a strange sensation throughout my body. It felt similar to the first one. The world was swaying around me again. This also went away after a few seconds.

In retrospect, these feelings seem to have been vertigo. I ignored these feelings because they went away after a few seconds, but on the same day that they happened I woke up during the night with a changed sense of sight.

I never felt right after that, and this feeling of disorientation and being in a dream has persisted for 8 years.

Last edited by HK47; 08-12-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #2
    fugazi92
    (male)

fugazi92 HB User
    Re: Do I have an inner ear disorder?

Do you ever feel a tangible fullness/ any sort of sensation in your ears? I think you are absolutely right to assume a connection between vision and ear ailements. While they might seem disconnected, visual disturbances are a primary complaint of those suffering from inner ear disorders.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #3
    HK47
    (male)

HK47 HB User

Sorry for responding this late.

I do not feel fullness in my ears, but I sometimes hear ringing in my ears.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:26 AM   #4
    temi
    (female)

temi HB User

Please go for checkup and be sure

Last edited by mod85; 11-23-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Closed Thread