It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Help! Been dizzy 2.5 years ...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-02-2016, 06:25 PM   #1
    mickeygirlie
    (female)

mickeygirlie HB User
    Help! Been dizzy 2.5 years ...

I've been to over seven doctors and no one has been able to diagnose or help me. Ive been to eye dr, vesritubular therapy, cardiologist,ent,otologist, neurologist,acupuncturist,hormone dr,allergist,etc... i had all the eye and gearing tests at otologist office. I always have a fullness in my right ear, music and flashing lights make me dizzy, high pitch noises basically everything makes me dizzy. I feel more light headed on and off allllllll day long. It has gotten really draining lately and am tored of feeling this way. Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
    dizzyear
    (male)

dizzyear HB User
    Re: Help! Been dizzy 2.5 yrs...

Hi MickeyGirlie,

A few questions for more information. By dizzy, to you mean feeling like you or the room is spinning? Dizzy means different things to different people. Others describe dizzy as lightheadedness, or imbalance/unsteadiness.

Second question, do you have dizzy episodes and if so how long do they last? or is your dizziness fairly constant/all the time?

Do you have any hearing related symptoms? I am curious if you can hear your heartbeat or your own voice loudly when you talk in your full ear (called autophony)

Do the Dr's have any suspected condition?

Really sorry to hear you have been dizzy 2.5 years. I am at 11 years now. I also have the fullness (left ear for me).

Old 11-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #3
    mickeygirlie
    (female)

mickeygirlie HB User

I'm more light headed & get occasional ringing in ears. I get imbalance sometimes too. My dizziness is on/off ALL day & night. I don't hear my heart beat or my own voice loudly. They are clueless I'm about to try John Hopkins possible.......

Old 11-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #4
    stef811
    (female)

stef811 HB User

sorry u are not feeling well either. I have had this 30 years now. I also went to so many doctors. I did have a 10 year span of nothing then it came back. going on 4 years now. anyway they still say nothing they can do to help. just learn to live with it. mine is caused by an inner ear imbalance right ear also. keep the faith. I know it's hard but it will get better. I was told it can last 1 week or years. go away and never come back or it can come back. I know how u feel. I don't make plans in advance cause I don't know how I will feel that day! u put your life on hold hoping it gets better!! I do hope you feel better soon. remember we understand and are here for u also.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:21 AM   #5
    imbalanceman
    (male)

imbalanceman HB User

perilymph fistula.
    most will dismiss as they are rare but they do exist
    every issue you have I have or have had.
    I still have the eye issue - visual vertigo - lights, movement , etc
    can hear fine but high pitch noise sends me crazy, like a fire alarm.
    off balance feeling all day every day.
    taken me nearly 3 years to find the right person who will listen and finally I am close to surgery to patch up this nightmare.
    Try requesting a VEMP test if you have not had one yet.
    I think everyone gets the normal tests results so clearly there is an issue at finding what is making everyone dizzy - off balance .
    How many out there have been dismissed to just go live with it!
    Never except it and keep fighting for the day your life will return.

Closed Thread