It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
Brandy1988
(male)

Brandy1988 HB User
Lightbulb Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Hello!

Three weeks ago I experienced extreme vertigo. I thought it was due to too much medicine (Cetrizine) so I had to sit for a while with my eyes closed. I was extremely dizzy and tired. After a few hours my vertigo was gone.

The days after I developed a shaky vision and a wobbly feeling (Just like on a boat). So I went to the doctors and he saw that my eyes were not working together properly, but my balance was okay. So he redirected me to my personal doctor.

A week later I went to my personal doctor and I explained to her what has happened. She came to conclusion that it probably was vestibular neuritis and that the symptoms will go away after a couple days.

Now 10 days later and I still have the symptoms. The wobbly feeling has lowered a bit, but the shaky vision still hasn't changed a bit. So I went back to my personal doctor and she redirected me to a neurologist.

Did she made the right choice? If not, can someone send me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Brandy1988; 02-25-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #2
dizzyear
(male)

dizzyear HB User
Re: Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Sorry to see no replies. Hope you have recovered from this. Sounds like a vestibular problem. It would be good to see an Ear Nose and Throat Dr (ENT) also called an otolaryngologist.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Can anyone send me in the right direction?

The best decision is to be referred to an ENT since it sounds vestibular at this point. I have BPPV, and your symptoms are what I experience.....but they also fit lots of others sich as a viral infection or even sinus infection. The ENT will be able to tell if you have nystagmus (jerking or rolling of eyes in specific pattern) and what area of the ears the issue is, balance testing, etc. The shakey eyes is called oscillopsia, and you having it can affect your walking, perception, balance, etc.

When was your appointment with the Neurologist? And what was the outcome?

q

Last edited by quincy; 06-13-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Reply Reply