It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Head injury, vestibular damage and oscillopsia

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-15-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
    Hammet89
    (male)

Hammet89 HB User
    Head injury, vestibular damage and oscillopsia

Hey all, going through a real rough time with all of this, a bit about me, 29 yr old male, had a good job, owned my own home, had a minor head injury back in October, thought I was ok after it, vision symptoms began in February, nystagmus, oscillopsia, focusing issues, balance issues, light and sound sensitivity. These issues are so debilitating that I will have to give up my job, give up my house, and move back with my parents, its taken my independence from me in what seems like the click of a finger, has anyone else had these issues and were able to cope with them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #2
    manybikes
    (male)

manybikes HB Usermanybikes HB User
    Re: Head injury, vestibular damage and oscillopsia

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hammet89 View Post
    Hey all, going through a real rough time with all of this, a bit about me, 29 yr old male, had a good job, owned my own home, had a minor head injury back in October, thought I was ok after it, vision symptoms began in February, nystagmus, oscillopsia, focusing issues, balance issues, light and sound sensitivity. These issues are so debilitating that I will have to give up my job, give up my house, and move back with my parents, its taken my independence from me in what seems like the click of a finger, has anyone else had these issues and were able to cope with them?
    I have not posted here for a very long time, you have probably given up waiting for a reply.
    12 years ago I lost all inner ear function (BVF)
    Unpleasant ?..you bet it is, long hard recovery?...yes, but you do learn to adapt.
    I live a perfectly normal life now, even my family and close friends cannot tell a difference.
    Keep pushing yourself and don't give up

Reply Reply