It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Vestibular neuritis GONE after 12 months, my advice

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-27-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
    Earlhickey
    (male)

Earlhickey HB User
    Vestibular neuritis GONE after 12 months, my advice

Hey guys I wanted to come back and post because I don't think enough people do AFTER it goes away.

I woke up in May last year and felt a bit dizzy, over the course of a few days it got worse to the point I was having full on vertigo attacks, brain fog, head pressure and more.

I got diagnosed with VN but had no way to pay for the rehab so I just plodded on with it.

By Christmas of that year it had become an intermittent issue, but it took until may THIS year for me to realize I hadn't had any issues for over a month.

So the good news is it goes away, even for someone like me who really handled it poorly and didn't help myself.

Here are some tips:

1) carry on life as normal.

You can go to the gym, hang out with friends, work, do everything. It might be uncomfortable but it's important not to become a hermit.

2) drink lots of water

This helped a lot i felt worse when dehydrated

3) keep sugar to a minimum

Sugar was a real trigger for me, I noticed when coming out of a movie where I had ice cream, coke, candy etc that I felt very very bad, any sugar over about 50gms in a day would have an effect. A little bit was ok

3) keep fried fatty food to a minimum

Same as above. Lean delicious healthy god is your friend. Japanese became my new favorite

4) get enough but not TOO MUCH sleep.

Get to sleep by 11am and get up no later than 8. Too little or too much sleep will mess you around.

5) stay positive.

If you get diagnosed with this, it's gonna be around a while but it does go away, and as am moving and horrible as it feels, a lot of it is psychological. If you follow my tips you will likely reduce your recovery time as it took me a long time to start doing the right things.

And if you can afford the rehab and aftercare, get it.

Thanks and good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply