It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Hyperacusis and sound induced blood pressure

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-05-2018, 09:17 AM   #1
    ORKeith
    (male)

ORKeith HB User
    Hyperacusis and sound induced blood pressure

Hi All,
    Ive been reading and relating with you all, and thought I would finally chime in with part of my story.
    I am 10 months in to this affliction that has affected every facet of my life. Ive always been pretty active and healthy until that fateful day. In a moment the onset of Extreme hyperacusis, aural fullness, tinnitus, shakiness at my core, anxiety and now sound induced high blood pressure. The list goes on, causing changes at every level. Ive undergone P-fistula surgery and Transtympanic Steroidal Perfusion(steroid shot through eardrum) both with no result. From an outgoing participant in groups and church to a recluse that cant be around amplified noise or music at all. From leading a successful team of employees to texting in instructions in since my own voice triggers migraine headaches.

I am feeling that I am at the end of my rope. Our house is a low volume no music zone, where it used to be filled with music and laughter. Now I just want quiet. Even though I sleep with one silicone earplug, I am up at all hours, waking to a noise or my poor wife clearing her throat as she sleeps. Electric motors make my heart race which really affects my work. I supervise a maint crew at a large facility with an all day commercial kitchen and 140 heatpumps all trying to kill me. I have discovered that the flutter in my core is blood pressure that reacts to certain noise or frequencies. Before 133/78 - after exposure 155/97.

My only real relief has been the discovery of Hearphones which I wear every waking minute. I can mute my bad side and tune out most of the hurtful frequency on my "better" side. I can customise several modes for the situation and control with my phone App..Contact me if you cant find them. Unfortunately they do not help with my own voice issue though.

It looks like early retirement is my only option at almost 60. I am looking for anything workwise that wont require exposure to noise or too much verbal communication, since ssd is so hard to get and wouldnt pay the bills anyway

I am sorry to be a downer, but I hate this. My diagnosis is ever changing. I have had all the scans and tests(ecog,vemp) The results are very abnormal: and diagnosis vary: acute Vestibular Hyperacusis, hydrops, menieres and so on with the numerous symptoms that follow: 3 tone tinnitis, anxiety, autophonia, unique tullios(w/o vertigo), concentration/memory, migraines, sleep loss, minor vertigo, blah, blah, blah

If this is my new normal, I may look into an underground bunker somewhere. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Last edited by ORKeith; 08-06-2018 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply