It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Tinnitus and sensorineural hearing loss on the right side in the high frequencies

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-30-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
    oceanaz
    (female)

oceanaz HB User
    Tinnitus and sensorineural hearing loss on the right side in the high frequencies

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share a bit about my journey with tinnitus which for me began 3.5 months ago. I have been working as a flight attendant for 10 years and the ringing occurred at the end of the last trip that I was working- I didn't notice it until I got into my car to drive home and it was quiet enough to detect. Since then I have been to the acupuncturist about 2-3 times a week and have been getting hyperbaric oxygen therapy 3 times per week for one hour per day. I am also taking ginko, flavinoids, zinc and everything else that is recommended for this most aggravating problem

I finally got fed up with my progress and was able to get in to see a different non- workman's comp ENT today and he convinced me to go ahead and take the steroids (Medrol) that were prescribed by my other ENT. I freaked out when I read all the awful side effects including the body having a hard time fighting off infections and bone loss! But, the ENT today made me feel much more comfortable about the fact that I would only be taking them for 1 week, not months, which is when these kind of side effects become more of an issue. So what can I offer anyone here who is suffering from this same ordeal? Well my acupuncturist recommended that I practice a bit of meditation before bed which he usually does after a simple tai chi routine followed by light massage of the feet and head (self- massage). I tried it the other night and it definitely helped. So far what seems to help me a lot is minimizing stress, getting to bed at a routine hour, yoga, doing things that I enjoy that take my mind of the problem and anything else natural that generally helps with sleep, teas, magnesium etc.

What I am wondering is if I may also have Patulous Eustachian Tubes on the side that is ringing more (the right), because I do hear a lot of cracking and noise when I swallow or click my jaw. Just wondering if anyone else has had that without the auto phony and just with tinnitus?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply