It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Is it Meniere?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-28-2018, 07:50 PM   #1
    timur
    (male)

timur HB User
    Is it Meniere?

Hello,

I had something very strange few days ago. I had tinnitus the night before and woke up in the morning with my right ear blocked. I very rarely have tinnitus, I probably had it only few times for the whole life. So with my right ear I was able to hear very poorly, maybe 20%. I didn't have any other symptoms but maybe very minor dizziness that didn't really bothered me and I had to drive right away after waking up. I had ENT doctor appointment today, he thinks it could be Meniere. The minor dizziness disappeared within an hour after I left home, The ear blockage was resolved afternoon. I also had a pressure feeling. I'm usually not afraid of many things but I was scared and depressed with that symptom.

Does it look like Meniere disease?

Today is the third day after the episode, I feel good overall. I had minor ear pain in the morning, I thing I have a minor dizziness but it can be only my imagination.

I have a second opinion ENT doctor appointment on Wednesday.

Thanks!

Last edited by timur; 10-28-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2018, 06:29 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Is it Meniere?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by timur View Post
    The minor dizziness disappeared within an hour after I left home, The ear blockage was resolved afternoon.

Being that your minor dizziness disappeared within an hour and your ear blockage was resolved in the afternoon, it sounds like it may have had something to do with one or more of the following: 1) you may have woken up in a dehydrated condition. 2) dehydration may have caused your blood pressure to be somewhere on the low side. 3) You may have slept too long which would also contribute to blood pressure issues.

So it's possible that once you got up and started moving around, ate breakfast and had something to drink, your system normalized with better hydration, circulation, and higher blood pressure.

It may have been as simple as that.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
    timur (11-04-2018)
    Old 11-22-2018, 10:50 PM   #3
    ORKeith
    (male)

ORKeith HB User
    Re: Is it Meniere?

Hey Timur,
    I have been diagnosed with Menieres. The jury is still out though, since mine was sudden and pressure induced feom PA syringe irrigation. Far from classic cases which are gradual and progressive.
    The simplest way it was explained is if you have vertigo, hyperacusis and tinnitis, then you are deemed a possible Menieres case. One Dr told me off the record that it is a catch all diagnosis with those 3.
    I am only 13 months in and have learned my triggers and what works for me.
    The tinnitus is bearable and treatable, Ive had relief from the vertigo with a shot in the ear, but the hypersensitivity(hyperacusis) is what affects every waking moment of my life. There is Hope though. As time passes, the better I get at coping.

Reply Reply