It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Questions for anyone with knowledge of or diagnosed Meniere's

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
    jtiegs
    Veteran
    (female)

jtiegs HB User
    Questions for anyone with knowledge of or diagnosed Meniere's

Can you have Meniere's disease and have continuous disequilibrium, tinnitus and so on with fluctuations in symptoms? Not just "attacks". The point being that you are never "normal" with attacks periodically. There's always something going on.

Do you have to have severe vertigo attacks as opposed to milder vertigo (sensation of spinning without the nausea and shocking feelings that accompany severe vertigo) in order to have Meniere's?

Can an "episode" last for a week or longer (episode being described as significant symptom increase accompanied by mild vertigo)?

Can your tinnitus be constant? In both ears?

Can you have Meniere's without responding well to diuretic treatments?

I am confused about a few things. I have been looking on the web at various site and getting some conflicting info on it. Initially I was diagnosed with Meniere's then not, and now I am having some fluctuating muffled hearing that is concerning me. I didn't have this initially, it is a fairly new symptoms that takes me back to the possibility that my first doc was right.
    Thanks.
    Julianne

Last edited by jtiegs; 01-13-2004 at 08:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2004, 05:21 AM   #2
    lib
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lib HB Userlib HB User
    Re: Questions for anyone with knowledge of or diagnosed Meniere's

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jtiegs
    Can you have Meniere's disease and have continuous disequilibrium, tinnitus and so on with fluctuations in symptoms? Not just "attacks". The point being that you are never "normal" with attacks periodically. There's always something going on.

Do you have to have severe vertigo attacks as opposed to milder vertigo (sensation of spinning without the nausea and shocking feelings that accompany severe vertigo) in order to have Meniere's?

Can an "episode" last for a week or longer (episode being described as significant symptom increase accompanied by mild vertigo)?

Can your tinnitus be constant? In both ears?

Can you have Meniere's without responding well to diuretic treatments?

I am confused about a few things. I have been looking on the web at various site and getting some conflicting info on it. Initially I was diagnosed with Meniere's then not, and now I am having some fluctuating muffled hearing that is concerning me. I didn't have this initially, it is a fairly new symptoms that takes me back to the possibility that my first doc was right.
    Thanks.
    Julianne
    hi,
    there was a woman in my salon a few month back who had hydrops, she could not take the diuretic because it made her feel worse. she said she ate a low sodium diet and improved a little slower than with a diuretic. but is fine now and has it under control, she said she has to be very careful about what she eats.i keep hoping she will come back in as i would like to ask her a bit more about her symptoms. i remember she said she was dizzy, could not walk and was nauseated. i am sorry this is happening, i wish i knew more. maybe until you see the next doc you could try the diet to see if you have any improvement. 1500 mil of sodium and no caffine. my girlfriend was just diagnosed with mieneres and this is helping her a lot. good luck! lib

Closed Thread