It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Whats your dizzyness feel like?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
    willsmommy
    Veteran

willsmommy HB User
    Question Whats your dizzyness feel like?

Hi,

Please could you describe how your dizzyness feels.

Mine feels at the moment almost like I am on the verge of being dizzy but then am not, its a strange almost buzzy feeling in the forehead almost behind my nose. And then almost like a vague pressure its odd to say the least.

For those of you in the throws of early labs my dizzyness used to be full on vertigo, then spinning in the head, ping pong ball feeling in the head, full on awful. This will pass.

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by willsmommy; 03-14-2004 at 06:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2004, 07:35 AM   #2
    Bothrops
    Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
    Re: Whats your dizzyness feel like?

Hi Willsmommy,
    lightheaded! 24/7. The only time it changes is if I get nervous or anxious then I get a dizzy feeling, kinda like my head spins, but I can still walk straight.

A lot of times I feel like my lightheadedness stems from how whack my eyes are. They are slow to foucus sometimes blurry. Working on a model train or reading normally leaves me feeling worse.

Derek

Old 03-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #3
    willsmommy
    Veteran

willsmommy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bothrops
    Hi Willsmommy,
    lightheaded! 24/7. The only time it changes is if I get nervous or anxious then I get a dizzy feeling, kinda like my head spins, but I can still walk straight.

A lot of times I feel like my lightheadedness stems from how whack my eyes are. They are slow to foucus sometimes blurry. Working on a model train or reading normally leaves me feeling worse.

Derek
    Hi Derek,

Well actually thats how mine normally feels just like that and my eyes r outa wack also! I find say reading the instructions on a can of soup increase symptoms as does looking closely in a mirror to say pluck my eye brows.....lol......I bet thats not a problem for you! Like you when anxiety or stress comes into play I too feel actually dizzy in the head too.......happened yesturday majorly when my 5 year old son had a major dizzy/vertigo attack and scared me and him.

Oh forgot to say that the wondeful buzzy pressure feeling in the head turned out to be the beginnings of FLU!!!! rahhhhhh uurrrggghhhhh.......

Do you ever feel excessively lightheaed? kinda faintish but not actually faint or like your body is a strange weight and kinda floaty?

Ilia

Last edited by willsmommy; 03-16-2004 at 01:09 PM.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:57 PM   #4
    studyin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Hi Ilia,

It's like I'm looking through a fish tank 24/7. I only really notice this when I stop to concentrate on a fixed point. My eyes cannot hold the point still. I notice it when I first wake up too. If I get more anxious it also gets worse. That's about all that is left in the dizzy/vertigo department for me but it still has a big effect on anxiety levels at times.

Take care...Scott

Old 03-16-2004, 03:31 PM   #5
    dizzyinmissouri
    Veteran

dizzyinmissouri HB User

Hi, Ilia!
    My dizziness is just a sensation like vertigo that I feel is going on in my eyes and head even tho' everything is still and I don't actually see movement. The way I have described it is like one of those snow bowls and you shake and watch the snowflakes swirl and fall, if you took one of those and spun it around and then stopped even tho' the actual object is not moving the insides are. That is how it feels for me. When I feel like that I feel a little "bouncy" when I walk and when I look from one point to my left and then look quickly to another point on my right my eyes will not just go to the point but always go past it. When I am feeling less dizzy I can focus my eyes back and forth fine.
    Also, I always feel floaty and feel like the bed is rocking to some degree when I go to bed. After a few minutes it settles and I go to sleep fine and sleep pretty well.
    The times the dizziness feels the strongest is when I am reading a newspaper or something like that. But I never know when it will hit or what will affect me from one day to the next!
    Vicki

Old 03-16-2004, 05:40 PM   #6
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User

I have been dizzy for 3 months now. I had a sinus infection and one morning I awoke and it had turned into sinusitis. I had the surgery 5 weeks ago, but to this day I'm still dizzy. Last week my ENT told me I was inflamed in my sinus passages. I think this is why I am still dizzy. I have been on steroid's and nothing. I think it may just take time, I don't know. At this point my dizziness is making my life horrible. I wake up dizzy, go to bed dizzy, no relief! Someone told me that the inflamed sinus's are putting presure on my ears. My ears are popping a lot a few times a day. I'm sure all of it is related somehow. I post on the allergy board as well, but I would love to hear any advice or reassurance from those who have been there and can relate.

Thanks, Halls

Old 03-19-2004, 02:32 PM   #7
    willsmommy
    Veteran

willsmommy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Halls
    I have been dizzy for 3 months now. I had a sinus infection and one morning I awoke and it had turned into sinusitis. I had the surgery 5 weeks ago, but to this day I'm still dizzy. Last week my ENT told me I was inflamed in my sinus passages. I think this is why I am still dizzy. I have been on steroid's and nothing. I think it may just take time, I don't know. At this point my dizziness is making my life horrible. I wake up dizzy, go to bed dizzy, no relief! Someone told me that the inflamed sinus's are putting presure on my ears. My ears are popping a lot a few times a day. I'm sure all of it is related somehow. I post on the allergy board as well, but I would love to hear any advice or reassurance from those who have been there and can relate.

Thanks, Halls
    Hi Halls,

Thanks for you reply - sorry that I cannot help you out re: sinus problems! I have had this myself before this whole inner ear labs stuff but it did not make me dizzy as such. I think it would be worth while starting a thread about sinus problems and see if you get a repsonse that way!!

Good Luck

Closed Thread