It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Inner ear dizziness - in a league of its own.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2004, 02:47 AM   #31
    brina
    Veteran
    (female)

brina HB User
    Re: Inner ear dizziness - in a league of its own.

hi emsy, jim ,all

emsy , i didnt realise u were pretty close by, it would have been great to meet up, but if u r this way again perhaps we can....
    jim, i know maldon, not very well but have visited there, i am close to lakeside shopping centre.......have u heard of upminster?
    liz, barnsley.........i used to live in romford, and have visited loughton high street many times...........also i used to live in the e/end and my best friend got married in barking abbey........oh yes the essex girl thing.....i did wear white stilletos......in the early eighties.....lol........but im not a typical essex girl.......and some of my fav memories are clubbing and dancin round the handbag....great dizzy free times........
    hope u r all having a better day today

brina

xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 08:06 AM   #32
    Emsybobs
    Inactive

Emsybobs HB User

Hi all, jim I know maldon my cousins live in Heybridge. I have been to lakeside brina! Saw micheal barrymore doing "my kind of people" once there!

xxx

Old 04-27-2004, 09:06 PM   #33
    lakota55

lakota55 HB User

Emsybobs, you read my mind and wrote my explaination, lol. I have been like this for 4 years now this month and am on disability. I look great but I don't have to explain to you how I feel, you already know....... Most people take it with a grain of salt, but I hate the jealous ones and they are easy to spot, who can't understand why you can not work, because you look fine,.... these are the ones that I would like to see how they would handle this. Just like you I call this the invisible handycap, because you are truly handycaped at everything with this and have to face people everyday that just don't understand.

Ron

Old 12-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #34
    Jonger1150

Jonger1150 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ninamarie
    It's not an uncommon scenario Kami-girl, people have no real understanding of what they haven't experienced especially when it comes to ill-health it seems. It's not confined to those of us with inner ear, balance, vestibular problems, those suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome go through the same thing, "oh yes I get so tired too", or "you look so well". Or gastroparesis, you know people with paralyzed or partially paralyzed stomachs, some can barely eat, they have a terrible time of it, but what do they get from people, "ooohhh aren't you lucky I wish I could stop eating so much". I have a friend who suffers from an all over body itch, for years, a never-ending constant itch, itch itch, been everywhere, tried everything, spent thousands to no avail. But do people understand, not a bit of it. We understand broken bones, strokes, cancer, heart attacks but not the thousand and one other conditions that can strike the body at any time and for which very little can be done.

LOL, BEST POST EVER!! I just read this on a search for my weird health conditions. I feel exactly like you do, I hate being dismissed by average "folk" that have no idea what we deal with. I have vertigo and eye distortion....can't explain it to anyone either.

Last edited by Jonger1150; 12-02-2004 at 05:29 PM.

Old 12-02-2004, 05:38 PM   #35
    crazylabyrinth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crazylabyrinth HB User

Yep love that post too - made me wonder how and where is ninamarie???

xx

Old 12-02-2004, 07:10 PM   #36
    Mica09
    Veteran
    (female)

Mica09 HB User

When you read older posts, you see nicknames that you haven't seen for a long time. I wonder how they are doing.

Old 12-03-2004, 11:38 AM   #37
    Katkin
    (male)

Katkin HB User

Let's hope they got better and moved on! (Althought it would be nice if they told us!) Why on earth is Emsybobs banned???

Old 12-03-2004, 05:53 PM   #38
    lyn25

lyn25 HB User

Hi.

I sufferthe dizzies also. severley some days. moderate other days, manage to cope some days, and free for 1 day a month! I have this min said to my husband, pls come and read this thread, maybe you will understand. You have all explained it down to a tee... his response? " How can they all sit there and type if they're so dizzy"? Im F'in ragin. I cant take this no more. You are all correct. noone understands this invisible illness. He has a bad back, and when it plays up he couldnt get out of bed. had to crawl to the toilet. had to get the doc in for morphine injections. Yet i got hit with his crap just now. Whats the bloomin point! Im sick of this horrible thing and i want to be normal. The docs dont care. The neuro i saw didnt care. My family doesnt care. I live with this day in day out that im sure you'll all relate to, and when your not having a housebound day im sure you all say "im fine" just like i do. Then that means your magically better.

Total crap. Theres only so much you can smile and say "im fine". It grinds you down so much. Wish i could take it away from you all and myself.

Lyn x

Old 12-03-2004, 06:16 PM   #39
    crazylabyrinth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crazylabyrinth HB User

I hear you Lyn. There is little understanding and sympathy for this illness. Noone can see how ill I feel esp when I'm a good actor and cope reasonably well. I too wish I could take it away from you and I. But we will be stronger for having this disorder.

Many hugs xxx

Old 12-03-2004, 06:22 PM   #40
    lyn25

lyn25 HB User

Thanks CL. im at breaking point. Maybe im just weak. what did we do to deserve this. You take care and wishing you dizzy free days. xx

Old 12-03-2004, 07:56 PM   #41
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User

Right there with you about the dizzy's! No one I know can understand what I feel like. I have been dizzy for almost a year now with not one day of peace. I had to get on a antidepressant cause it has worn me down to the brink of bad axiety/depression. It helps, but I'm still dizzy/ I can't explain to anyone how I feel likt the earth moves on me all the time. They just look at me and think I must be normal since nothing looks wrong. What did we all do to deserve this dizziness? I hope we will all get better and that this won't be something we have till we die. I'm not sure I could bear it!

Halls

Old 12-04-2004, 05:38 AM   #42
    Chris1968
    (female)

Chris1968 HB User

Hi all,

just to add my feelings on this, people dont have a clue how we feel, they need to see something to beleive there is a problem. Ive had this for over 6 years and the only time everyone was so understanding was when I lost my balance and fell over and cut my head, how everyone's attitude changed because I had something visible to prove my problem, they couldnt have been nicer.

I really hope one day we will all find relief from this, it is a hard cross to bear,

Chris x

Closed Thread