It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• What about head fullness?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-01-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
    dizzyinmissouri
    Veteran

dizzyinmissouri HB User
    Question What about head fullness?

I forgot to mention on my earlier post that the strongest symptom I am experiencing right now is really strong fullness in my head. It feels like blood pressure and last night it was SO full and tight feeling. I can't say that I am actually feeling "dizzy" with it just alot of pressure from the inside. When my husband rubs my neck in certain places the pressure really increases in different areas of my head. It seems as if there is blockage to blood flow to my head from my neck and it just isn't "right". Anyone else with these same symptoms?
    Vicki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2004, 02:11 AM   #2
    Ninamarie

Ninamarie HB User
    Re: What about head fullness?

Think your talking about a similar problem to mine there. I always thought it was a blood pressure thing, made me worry about stroke, unnecessarily I might add, nothing to do with my blood pressure. I'm doing the eye tracking exercises and the therapist thought a month would show a difference, well it's been three months and I'm still not sure if helping or not, one day it seems like it is, the next, no. But I keep doing them anyway, even if it takes a year, figure I've got nothing to lose.

Old 05-02-2004, 04:52 AM   #3
    Emsybobs
    Inactive

Emsybobs HB User

Nina - you doing any other exercises as well as the eye ones? Def keep doing them. I am also going to do mine for 1 year - thats what london said to me. xxx

Old 05-02-2004, 05:53 PM   #4
    willsmommy
    Veteran

willsmommy HB User

Yes I get a weird head fullness form time to time also and like you say am not actually feeling dizzy in the head (but for my money its a v v v v mild form of dizzyness). For me its feels like a pressure quite literally in my forehead area and some times it can go down behind my nose and almost into the sinus area but it is balanace related and not a cold or anything. I have been told its just yet another vestibular symptoms. Typical!!

Ilia

Old 05-02-2004, 09:47 PM   #5
    Ninamarie

Ninamarie HB User

No Emsybobs I'm not doing anything else, just the eye tracking. That was all the therapist told me to do and for only a few minutes a day. Well didn't seem like enough to me so I was doing the eye tracking plus the sway from side to side, back, forth, head turning side to side, up, down etc., while keeping eye's focused, and for 2-3 times a day approx 15-20 mins at a time and that's when I got sick as a dog. So now I'm just doing like the therapist said, the eye tracking for about five minutes at a time, once, sometimes twice a day. The effect is all over the place and I just cann't fathom it, I really cann't. Yes Willsmommy I get the pressure thing behind the nose, and comes down into my throat, makes me gag at times. I do sympathize with Dizzymissouri feeling like the head pressure thing is blood pressure related because I couldn't get the notion that it wasn't out of my head and it scared me. But I have now and can honestly say it not blood pressure related, it really is the vestibular system malfunctioning.

Old 05-03-2004, 05:50 AM   #6
    dizzyinmissouri
    Veteran

dizzyinmissouri HB User

Hi!
    What is different for me, is that I am doing a series of eye exercises and I can do them really fast all over the place and it doesn't really affect me. I do the up and down, side to side, side to side at an angle plus others. The times that it seems like the head fullness comes from "doing anything" is when I am standing at the counter in the kitchen and reading a newspaper. Most of the time the head fullness just comes with head movement. I can touch anywhere on my head and it will start filling up with pressure. My blood pressure is always normal. I have never had high blood pressure. The PT said something about the blood pressure changing when I lay down, but I have never taken it then.
    Also, do you ever have little sensitive spots that show up around your scalp or around the neck area. From time to time when my husband is massaging my head and neck to help relieve some tension and discomfort, I will feel these small areas that are just plain sore to touch. They come and go.
    Mysterious.... Like one of the posts is titled "too many unanswered questions!"
    How about any of you that are nearly over this thing and had alot of head pressure and sore neck, does it go as you get better?
    Vicki

Old 05-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #7
    dizzygirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dizzygirl HB User

I have been complaining of the face, head and nose pressure when this whole thing started, and I was treated for a sinus infection for 10 days. I never had a sinus infection, and it is all related to inn ear disorders. I just had my ENG, VAT and some other test done and am awaiting results. That test is horrible!

Closed Thread