It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• vestibular neuronitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2004, 08:09 PM   #1
    MJacobson

MJacobson HB User
    vestibular neuronitis

So I went in for a second opinion at an otologist and he thinks I have vestibular neuronitis rahter than Meniere's. My problem is seen in the balance canals(labyrinth) on the balance nerve and it is said to be minor and my hearing is normal, as was revealed today. The first ENG shows 26% weakness and I have to take a 2nd ENG to get more of an idea. A few things I'm wondering are if tinnitus comes along with this and can neuronitis last a long time?

The following user gives a hug of support to MJacobson:
    RINGING EARS (07-02-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2004, 07:49 AM   #2
    Wowwwweeee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
    Smile Re: vestibular neuronitis

Hi,

You may find these links helpful in answering some of your questions about vestibular neuronitis:

http://www.pennhealth.com/hup/balance/hi14.html

http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic637.htm

In addition, you can always call your doctor to ask your questions. Take care!

Old 07-23-2004, 11:14 PM   #3
    stitcher

stitcher HB User
    Re: vestibular neuronitis

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJacobson
    So I went in for a second opinion at an otologist and he thinks I have vestibular neuronitis rahter than Meniere's. My problem is seen in the balance canals(labyrinth) on the balance nerve and it is said to be minor and my hearing is normal, as was revealed today. The first ENG shows 26% weakness and I have to take a 2nd ENG to get more of an idea. A few things I'm wondering are if tinnitus comes along with this and can neuronitis last a long time?
    I have had Vestibular Neuritis (Neuronitis for the past 15 months. Went through Vestibular rehab which helped. I have lost 55% of balance in right ear and now have tinnitis and blocked presseri sensation in my eustachian tube. My Dr. said this can last anywhere from 2 weeks to the day you die. Also told me that almost any disturbance in your body can affect the vestibular nerve. My Hypothyroidism is probably being overdosed and dr is concerned about the medication triggering more symptoms.
    Hope you are getting around OK and feeling better.

Closed Thread