It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• “Losing your head” while in Deep Thought/Daydreaming

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2004, 06:18 AM   #1
    Wowwwweeee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
    Cool “Losing your head” while in Deep Thought/Daydreaming

Hi All,

I hope this finds everyone feeling well today.

As part of another post, I wrote:

…You know what else? I also tend to feel my symptoms react when I am daydreaming, meaning that when I am just doing my own thing (maybe on the drive to work), and I am deep in thought, my head with “startle” or “swim away” from me if I am deeper in thought or daydreaming about something. The more intent I am in my thoughts, the more my head “goes away” from me, if that makes sense. I tend to “think shallow” a lot because of this.

CoryB replied in part along the same lines:

…I have those same things as you almost exactly! Especially the sitting still and deep thought. That is the main problem I am having because I am a computer science graduate and have to do a lot of thinking when I work. This has been one of my biggest problems, and I'm surprised that somebody else has brought up the same thing. If I didn't get worse while I worked on my projects, I think my situation would be a lot better. I also make liberal use of the stairs to prevent the lifting sensations I get when I get off an elevator….

Does anyone else experience this? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 11:49 AM   #2
    Subs30
    Inactive
    (male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
    Cool Re: “Losing your head” while in Deep Thought/Daydreaming

..."Does anyone else experience this? Thanks."......

Yep---for the first 12/13 months of this(BPPV/Lab)

---however---it is not unusual---so say the Md's---at the Centers of Excellence(Northwestern,Univ of Penn, John Hopkins, etc...)---they say what once was "in automatic",i.e., your brain's equilibrium center and it's neuron pathways firing and working together---has been disrupted

And---is no longer in that auto mode---it is now in the mode of constantly adjusting for the bum vestibular inputs---so what was an almost an "unconscious" activity,i.e.,your position spatially---now requires constant fine tunning---when you drift---off---you cause the brain to lose the consentration it needs to focus on your spatial position

----it will be that way until the neuron pathways you established from when you made your first movements as a infant-----are reestablished---through VRT/movements in the course of going about your day to day activity

---so they say

Old 07-23-2004, 01:39 AM   #3
    brina
    Veteran
    (female)

brina HB User
    Re: “Losing your head” while in Deep Thought/Daydreaming

hi

yes, i get what u mean, it happens often that its almost 'normal' usually for me i am getting really involved in conversation and the more i want to say my mind swims away and im left blank....and need a prompt to get back where i was....i agree with subs, had similar told me by a cognitive therapist, had this since i was young so its not an age thing...lol....not quite the same as u but similar....the concentration......

Last edited by brina; 07-23-2004 at 01:42 AM.

Closed Thread