It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Inner ear disorder symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2004, 12:51 PM   #1
    Jchandra88

Jchandra88 HB User
    Inner ear disorder symptoms

I was just wondering what kinds of symptoms one had when experiencing inner ear disorders. I usually post on the anxiety disorder page, but some of the symptoms I have make me wonder if it really IS more than anxiety. I have the lightheaded foggy feeling most of the time. Some days it's worse than other days.. I have a cold right now so it affects both my chest and my head.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
    Wowwwweeee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
    Cool Re: Inner ear disorder symptoms

Hi Jchandra,

If you read through a lot of these posts, you will see that there are quite a few on the relationship between inner ears disorders/problems and anxiety.

I think you and I posted a bit on the anxiety/stress board, and I told you that one doctor suggested that my disequilibrium symptoms were all anxiety related, so I went to counseling just for that even though I told the doctor that I didn't agree. The counselor ended therapy not long after, telling me that he felt my symptoms were not being produced solely on anxiety. It turns out, upon a more recent examination by a neurologist, that I may have a problem with my left inner ear.

And as I said before, I know my anxiety pattern well, and THESE symptoms are not part of my usual pattern for high anxiety or panic attacks.

Having disequlibrium can provoke anxiety. And inner ear problems can make you feel spacey, foggy, light-headed, faint, etc. I'm sure others can add to this list.

Although symptoms like yours (and mine, and others on here) can and do mimic other symptoms for illness and stress, I would not want a doctor to simply chalk a symptom up to anxiety without investigating all options, maybe a few times if necessary, first.

These woozy symptoms are vague, and causes of vertigo sometimes is difficult to diagnose. But for me, although stress can add to me feeling them more, they are not the result of anxiety-only.

You should spend some time in this Board and do few searches for topics related to that - you'll find some interesting information.

Wishing you a nice day.

Old 08-24-2004, 01:55 PM   #3
    blady40
    (female)

blady40 HB User
    Re: Inner ear disorder symptoms

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jchandra88
    I was just wondering what kinds of symptoms one had when experiencing inner ear disorders. I usually post on the anxiety disorder page, but some of the symptoms I have make me wonder if it really IS more than anxiety. I have the lightheaded foggy feeling most of the time. Some days it's worse than other days.. I have a cold right now so it affects both my chest and my head.
    I just got over inner ear. YOu are so dizzy the bed spins but dosent last long. It comes and goes. I tried to walk and I fell to the floor. It affects your balance. Mine lasted for one week. I got pills for the dizzyness and a antibotic now Im much better. It is awful to get never had to before in my life. I was fine on a sunday and monday I got up and fell right to the floor. Almost makes you sick to your stomach when you get dizzy . Good luck hope your feeling better

Old 08-25-2004, 04:29 AM   #4
    Emsybobs
    Inactive

Emsybobs HB User
    Re: Inner ear disorder symptoms

Hi jchandra, you can get fogginess and ligthheadiness with an inner ear problem but rarely do you just have these....as blady explains you can get severe vertigo but it doesnt always happen like this...you can indeed get a feeling of dizziness (though quite severe) not vertigo and this can still be an inner ear problem....I would request inner ear testing if I were you...but generally inner ear disorders involve movement of some kind (as in shifting of the environment - can be mild). xxx

Closed Thread