It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Anyone ever feel this?...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
    CaptainUtah

CaptainUtah HB User
    Anyone ever feel this?...

Hey just wondering if anyone ever feels sorta faint all day long?...or has ever felt that way... It's Weird today Ive been feeling off, but only as far as just feeling like a lightheaded might pass out type feeling...sorta like on the boarder of a panic attack all day long but never going full blown...it's freakin me out and of course it comes after a day of feeling half decent... just wonder if anyones felt anything similar..thanks. utah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2004, 06:42 PM   #2
    studyin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User
    Re: Anyone ever feel this?...

Hi Utah...sorry to hear you're getting cr*ppy symptoms like that. While I don't think I ever felt faint, I did have many days where I was on the verge of a panic attack - all day! It really sucks man. That sort of stuff stopped happening for me once I got onto the meds.

Hope it stops for you SOON....Scott

Old 09-05-2004, 08:53 PM   #3
    Anastasia
    Inactive
    (female)

Anastasia HB User

hey utah,

i think you have "brain fog". i discribe it like living in a vivid dream on my bad days. sort of similar to you i guess. how long has this been happening for? it wont hurt you in any way, you wont actually pass out, its just a pain in the keister. lots of us have it here.

Old 09-06-2004, 08:01 AM   #4
    stackzone
    (male)

stackzone HB User

Captain,
    My body hasa rule--never two good days in a row--it just won't allow it. Yes Ive had that feeling.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:09 AM   #5
    Chris1968
    (female)

Chris1968 HB User

Hi Utah,

I feel like this most days. Although my neuro thinks my problems are inner ear, nothing had been proved and I feel like many of my symptoms come from my neck. Any neck extension or tension in that area or looking down makes me feel strange and lightheaded and like my head is floating off somewhere. Any exertion makes it even worse and yes I feel on the verge of a panic attack alot with this. Wish I knew what was going on. I sympathize - its not a nice feeling

Chris

Old 09-06-2004, 12:07 PM   #6
    will100

will100 HB User

Hi Utah,

Yep I get that feeling pretty much every day... for me it seems that I get that feeling more than any kind of hardcore dizziness. Basically I feel like i'm permentantly in a daydream, I get that lightheaded brain fog which I'd really like to say goodbye to one day!! If anyone knows how to get rid of it please let me know!

Old 09-06-2004, 01:53 PM   #7
    kendallbella09

kendallbella09 HB User

I also know the feeling very well. Sometimes I feel like I am in a glass jar looking around or that I am alien in my own body. I absolutely cannot handle these spaced out feelings! I just want to be back to my normal self again. I can't even consider working at my desk all day for 9 hours and I've been off for 3 weeks. When will this ever. Oh yeah and now my anxiety is so bad that I constantly shake or tremor. Does anyone else feel like they can just never relax?

Kendall

Last edited by kendallbella09; 09-06-2004 at 01:53 PM.

Old 09-06-2004, 02:09 PM   #8
    Walty10
    (male)

Walty10 HB User

HI there,
    i get the exact same feeling too. When i get it, it ussually lasts all day also. The faint feeling causes me alot of anxiety and I have panic attacks. You can also have a similiar feeling of unrealiness or being unattached just from having alot of anxiety. Nothing that can hurt you.... just frusterating, but you arent the only one.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:47 PM   #9
    CaptainUtah

CaptainUtah HB User

Feels like Im always a little drunk or drugged or something...I know what you all mean and to say it sucks is a major understatement..... I hate the glass jar feeling..my vision does some funky tricks to me and I really hate it when it feels like my eyes and everything else are out or rythm.....anyway....dang it all

Old 09-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #10
    studyin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kendallbella09
    ....Oh yeah and now my anxiety is so bad that I constantly shake or tremor. Does anyone else feel like they can just never relax?
    Hi Kendal,

Yup, had this too and for a long time. I still get some very light buzzy/shakey feelings in my body but rarely now. I'm still aware of my heart beating when I lie down too...that's been constant for about a year now but it's easing more and more. Don't let it run you down for too long if that's what is happening.

Scott

Old 09-06-2004, 09:11 PM   #11
    krisdance83
    (female)

krisdance83 HB User

Yes I get that feeling.

It's weird because some days I will feel completely lightheaded and out of breath. A feeling like I have to by lying down or I will pass out.
    Then some days I get the feeling like everything is foggy and foreign. Two different feelings depending on the day. It is quite annoying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-06-2004, 09:53 PM   #12
    CaptainUtah

CaptainUtah HB User

That's exactly it krisdance, 2 different feelings....how do you function in your everyday life as far as work or whatever else?...very curious and interested. Utah

Old 09-07-2004, 07:02 AM   #13
    groovyk

groovyk HB User

Hey guys!

I know exactly how everyone feels. I've had constant dizziness/Vertigo for the past 2 1/2 months. Its now got to the point where its making me feel sick. I feel like I'm gonna pass out at any moment but never do. I feel spaced out all the time. I've been to my doctor and because I've been suffering with ear problems since dec 2003, he says thats probably the cause.

I hope everyone is as well as can be.

Take Care

Kelly

Old 09-07-2004, 08:51 PM   #14
    krisdance83
    (female)

krisdance83 HB User

Well, Captain, that has been a major problem for me over this past year. I am a student in college and I work as a dance instructor of all things. So you can imagine how much I've missed work because of this. It's impossible to go and dance w/o being dizzy so it's been very hard. I actually feel like giving it up because I have so much anxiety about it. We are starting the season next week and I don't think I can start for another while yet. My other job is at a restaurant and, although it is uncomfortable on the foggy-headed days, I can get through it as long as things aren't really spinning fiercely. As for the lightheaded and pass-out feeling days...I don't function. That is a major problem because the feeling comes and goes as it pleases and I never know when I'll have a good day. Actually around April was the first time I had the pass-out feeling and it lasted for about 7 days straight. I missed so much school right before finals and of course I missed work the whole time. Whether or not I would have actually passed out, I don't know, but it certainly FELT like I would whenever I got up from laying down. Even while sitting I felt faint, lying down was my only help so I spent the whole time at home. I guess my condition got worse over the months from September to April because at first I would just get dizzy/spinny and foggy headed but never nauseous or faint. Now I just have it ALL! This inner ear thing is making my whole body ill and it is driving me out of my mind...literally! I have also developed severe OCD besides the common anxiety that inner-ear sufferers experience. Sorry to have gone off on a tangent Captain. So I guess my answer is that when I'm foggy-headed I can get through school and work uncomfortably, but I can do it. Then go home and lay down. As for the days when I feel like passing out...I am too afraid and insanely uncomfortable to even chance getting out. If this keeps up I seriously think I will have to give up being a dancer/dance instructor because it is hard enough trying to get to school and do school work in this haze. I really feel for all of you here on this board because I know that everyone has important lives and family, and I certainly know how this condition has effected my life/family in a horrible way. It's about quality of life and this just isn't cutting it. So sorry for the less-than positive post. But it's true that this is the worst non-life threatening beast out there and I really feel for all of you here and have you in my thoughts. I hope I answered your question Captain...probably not the answer you hoped to hear. If you wouldn't mind, please let me know how you deal with these feelings as well. I am very interested also. And the very best of luck to you!!! *hugs*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-08-2004, 05:27 AM   #15
    Wowwwweeee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
    Cool Re: Anyone ever feel this?...

Morning Board!

This was a very interesting read here for me - Krisdance describes it well:

"...It's weird because some days I will feel completely lightheaded and out of breath. A feeling like I have to by lying down or I will pass out. Then some days I get the feeling like everything is foggy and foreign. Two different feelings depending on the day..."

When I first started having these symptoms, the most scariest and unnerving symptom was feeling faint, feeling "too light", and feeling 'weak'. Those sensations sent me into almost daily panic attacks - I felt like I was having one-long-drawn-out panic attack for months on end. The never ending panic attack: it was pretty bad.

I still get those fainty feelings on occasion, and with that comes a feeling of weakness and breathlessness. I also feel the need to be quiet and lie down; like everything is an effort. I feel like even talking is an effort during those times, dramatic as it sounds.

My symptoms vary, and I'm not sure what to attribute that to most times. But I have different symptom days as well, although almost every day I have that familiar sensation of moving when I'm not, or my environment is moving when it's not.

I used to have Severe Foggy Head when I first started having my symptoms - even my handwriting during that time was foreign looking to me; it looked more like child's handwriting. It was difficult to concentrate on or think about anything, much less to be able to do much comfortably.

Looking back, I can now best describe that foggy headed feeling as trying to put my arm through a sleeve with no opening. I KNOW my arm needs to go through there, but no matter which way I try, I can't find the opening.

I still have foggy head, but it's tapered now to being forgetful or absentminded (when noticeably symptomatic) during conversations and/or reading. I also think some of my foggy head feelings are headache related.

The forgetfulness is awkward to deal with moreso when I am at work, because sometimes I tend to - just stop - for a moment when I am in conversation or thought, which is awkward at times when dealing with customers. It makes me sound a bit ditzy, and I am not!

Hugs to all today. xo

Closed Thread