It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Yet another weird feeling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-22-2004, 09:02 PM   #1
    krisdance83
    (female)

krisdance83 HB User
    Yet another weird feeling

I feel like I'm always making posts about these "weird" feelings.

Anyway, I read in another post that someone has this feeling of a heartbeat in their ears. Well I feel something similar to that but it is more of like a slow, pulsing feeling throughout my head. I can definitely feel it inside my ear but it kind of radiates thru my head and into my whole body. NOW, I've been taking claritin for a year now because the doctors said that my dizziness was a result of my allergies, ok. So last night I woke up stuffy so I took a Claritin around 4 am and almost immediately, well about a half hour later, I felt that pulsing feeling throught out my body and in my head. I seem to notice it more when I'm laying down. I also got that feeling that I get where it feels like I can't take a nice deep breath and that when I start to fall asleep, I'm startled awake out of breath. So I don't really know whether to think that this feeling has been a reaction to the Claritin all along or if it is related to my dizziness and just happened to occur after taking the medicine. I told my doctor and she said it was strange because it is regular Claritin and not Claritin D which can cause strange feelings. But she did say that those allergy meds have a lot of bad side effects so she gave me a script for the spray. SOOO after my long banter...I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has this pulsing feeling. Not quite like a heartbeat but like my body is oozing and almost like a falling feeling. Weird!

Another thing I'm concerned about is that every time I swallow I get a crackling sound. It has been like that for quite some time but I barely notice it now because I'm used to it. I went to the doctor last Friday and they checked for fluid and said there was none so I'm wondering if the fluid is back. But can the fluid come and go so quickly like that? It's weird because Monday and Tuesday I felt barely foggy headed and barely dizzy at all and yesterday and today it's back to being off balance and quick spins. Again, I MAY have BPPV or I may not. But I don't know WHAT I have if it's not BPPV. Does anyone have any input into any of these matters?

Do people w/ BPPV typically have ear fullness and crackling w/ pressure inside the head? I thought that was more of a lab thing but then again I don't know too much about anything other than BPPV. This is so confusing!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2004, 08:55 AM   #2
    krisdance83
    (female)

krisdance83 HB User
    Re: Yet another weird feeling

Anyone? Bueller?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread