It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Double Vision

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
    Walty10
    (male)

Walty10 HB User
    Double Vision

Hello Ive been dealing with my vertigo/dizziness for about 5 months now. It seems to progressively be getting better but I seem to notice that at times i have a slight bit of double vision. Especially when I see like white things on a black background or vice versa. I have already had a MRI ( or like half of one because I had an panic attack in the middle of it) but it came back negative and they obviously didnt think I needed another one. So theoretically I should be completely sure that I dont have a brain tumor or MS or really anythingg seriously wrong with me, but I see that double vision is a symptom of brain tumors. I am really worried about this. Has anyone else had double vision with their dizziness or know why it may occur. Should I really be worried?

Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
    Subs30
    Inactive
    (male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
    Cool Re: Double Vision

Hi Walty

Yep---I had that---it was not side-by-side---it was one slightly higher then the other scene---for me---what happened---was---since I do not use both eyes at the same time---do not have binocular vision---the brain had handled that---- integration---via a neuron pathway---when---this junk happened---the pathway was hosed up---took about two weeks to get it reestablished....it is not unusual for that(double vision) to happen---in a vestibular injury---one of the things ask about on all the Balance Center Q & A's

----did you have a vision prob & wore glasses prior to the injury??

Old 10-11-2004, 07:57 PM   #3
    Walty10
    (male)

Walty10 HB User
    Re: Double Vision

yeah i have worn glasses for awhile now. I am pretty badly nearsighted

Old 10-12-2004, 01:53 AM   #4
    star803

star803 HB User

Hi Walty

I havent had double vision but I have had a huge whack of visual perceptal problems as a result of the inner ear disorder.

I am currently getting visual therapy to help with the visual side of things.

Might be worth a go!

Goodluck!

Old 10-12-2004, 04:42 AM   #5
    BennyGibb
    (male)

BennyGibb HB User

Walty: I get double vision with this. However, it's not a perceptive double vision, it's because my eyes go out of whack (ie they keep pointing in different directions - so unsuprisingly I get double vision). In my case I think it partly has something to do with the eye muscles being overworked thanks to the dodgy vestibular stuff, so they tire and partly because the brain usually does a good job at hiding it - now it's tied up dealing with this vestibular stuff and less efficient.

Star is right... it is to be expected to suffer any amount of visual perception problems (creeping, breathing, flashes, sparks, oscilliations, bouncing, eye strain, bluring, stars, fuzziness, floaters etc) partly because the vestibular stuff shakes up you vision, and partly because a lot of this stuff happens normally but your brain does a good job of filtering it out, however while trying to compensate your brain will be less efficient at dealing with these problems so they become much more apparent and bothersome.

I hope that helps.

Old 10-12-2004, 06:12 AM   #6
    crazylabyrinth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crazylabyrinth HB User

I dont get double vision but I get vision symptoms - stiff eyes, dizzy eyes, jiggly eyes and just yesterday I had pains in my eyes - like eye strain - never had that before but panicked me a bit!!

Cl.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:22 AM   #7
    Mica09
    Veteran
    (female)

Mica09 HB User

Same as crazylabyrinth. I don't get double vision, but I do get fuzzy vision, eye straining, jiggly eyes etc.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
    sandoval

sandoval HB User

Hi, I get double vision during an "attack". My attacks are episodic and are typically spinning vertigo, sometimes with a very noticeable double vision component (vertical -- one item is sitting on top of the other) and at other times just the spins and movement. As time goes on, I've noticed more double vision. Scary, but I've gotten "used to it". Penny

Closed Thread