It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Toxins a cause?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-19-2004, 05:11 PM   #1
    Walty10
    (male)

Walty10 HB User
    Toxins a cause?

I just finished talking to a friend of mine who has read alot from several different scientists who say the the root of most disease and illness is from toxins stored in fat in the body. This isnt exactly science that is accepted by most mainstream scientists or doctors but it has made me think. My friend told me about how when someone starts to diet or fast, the toxins are released into the body because of the diminishing fat. Once this starts to happen the body is naturally healing and cleaning itself of all these harmful things. So even though your body is cleansing itself alot of people become very sick with lots of varying symptoms.

This is compelling to me because before all this started I had gone onto a major diet. I had eaten horribley all the years of my life before and now I drastically changed. I basically fasted for a day or two at a time and then when I ate it was very little. Soemthing like fruit and lean turkey or a little sandwhich. A few months after is when all this crap started. The dizziness and vertigo. I was just wondering if maybe anyone had heard anything about this or if maybe they thought this could be the cause of some inner ear problems. It seems very pausible to me that some toxins got into my inner ear and damaged in some way.

PS. For anyone taking Lexapro because of the fun of anxiety that goes along with this stuff.... My finger felt kind of numb and odd today, could this be a side effect of the lexapro and serotin levels?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 06:49 PM   #2
    jadeearth
    (female)

jadeearth HB User
    Re: Toxins a cause?

Walty

That is very interesting about toxins stored in the fat. I have heard that the liver starts to store the toxins in the fat when it is in overload, because it is the liver that usually processes them out of our system. My symptoms were mild until I did a three day grape cleanse, that is when it got really bad and as what I see as the start. They often call it a healing crisis when the symptoms get bad during a cleanse. I think I had the virus in my system, plus the natural gas I had been exposed to and the cleanse kicked it up more. I was also very stressed and my blood sugard got way off. Instead of cleansing I now try and eat more building and cleansing foods, like kales, collard greens, brocolli and whole grains, plus protein. The liver loves to eat the greens.

Also interesting is my acupucturist beleives poor circulation in the ear can contribue. The ear gets congested and can't release and things get hampered in that dime like system of the inner ear. I notice when she does ear points and the inflamation or clogged feeling goes down I feel better.

Hope our doing well. Jade

Old 11-20-2004, 03:19 AM   #3
    crazylabyrinth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crazylabyrinth HB User

Hi guys - jade - you dont think that eating merely some grapes made your dizziness worse cos ur bloody sugar was so low? If I eat too little I certainly feel very rough.

Walty - not sure about this one...there are so many theories like this...did your dizziness take the typical labyrinthitis style by starting with a virus??? In that case perhaps the lack of eating lowered your immunity somewhat. I doubt the dieting was to blame if am honest.

Am currently on a diet - the first diet in my life - have always been really skinny but when I got this **** I put on a stone - I did need to put on some of it as I was too thin - but I am on one anyway as I wasnt happy with myself as im too used to being v slim! Have lost 12 pounds in 3 mths - and havent noticed any increase in symptoms from toxins...yet! Gosh im worrying now...!

Hugs

Old 11-20-2004, 04:44 AM   #4
    Chris1968
    (female)

Chris1968 HB User

Hi Walty,

I have also read that fasting can put a strain on the adrenal glands, causing adrenal stress. Its interesting because this started for me 6 years ago when I was on holiday and had been going from breakfast until evening without food and at first I thought the dizziness was low blood sugar, but then it got worse. I do have low blood pressure and trouble with orthostatic intolerance and fatigue (all symptoms of adrenal fatigue) Like CL I am quite thin and do need to eat quite regularly or I feel bad. I should be massive with the amount I eat and little exercise I get, strange really.

Chris

Old 11-20-2004, 05:57 AM   #5
    studyin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Hi Walty,

I really can't say I agree with the statement, "the root of most disease and illness is from toxins stored in body fat." It sounds like a nice explanation but is far too simplistic for a doctor to propose such a thing and sounds like a sales pitch to sell a detox product to me. While it's true that some lipophilic (fat loving) chemicals can hang around in the fat tissue, I seriously doubt that a diet (where fat was burned off) would cause something as dramatic as labyrinthitis. I think our kidneys and liver do a reasonably good job at removing and metabolising foreign stuff in the blood stream. I have to agree with CL that your inner ear problem was likely kicked off by a virus. Here's some interesting info on bioaccumulation:

Quote:
    Some chemicals are attracted to certain sites in the body, and by binding to proteins or dissolving in fats, they are temporarily stored. If uptake slows or is not continued, or if the chemical is not very tightly bound in the cell, the body can eventually eliminate the chemical.

One factor important in uptake and storage is water solubility; the ability of a chemical to dissolve in water. Usually, compounds that are highly water soluble have a low potential to bioaccumulate and do not leave water readily to enter the cells of an organism. Once inside, they are easily removed unless the cells have a specific mechanism for retaining them.

Heavy metals like mercury and certain other water-soluble chemicals are such an exception, because they bind tightly to specific sites within the body. When binding occurs, even highly water-soluble chemicals can accumulate. this is illustrated by cobalt, which binds very tightly and specifically to sites in the liver and accumulate there despite its water solubility. Similar accumulation processes occur for mercury, copper, cadmium, and lead.

Many lipophilic chemicals pass into an organism's cell through the fatty layer of cell membranes more easily than water-soluble chemicals. Once inside the organism, these chemicals may move through numerous membranes until they are stored in fatty tissues and begin to accumulate.
    Scott

Old 11-20-2004, 06:34 AM   #6
    Mica09
    Veteran
    (female)

Mica09 HB User

I agree that maybe the fasting made you dizzier because of low blood sugar. But during my first year into this dizziness I consulted a environmental medicine doctor to see if my dizziness was caused by allergies. These doctors do more precise testing that regular allergists. I tested positive to milk, coffee, yeast (that doesn't mean your allergic yet but it means your body is developping an intollerance to it. If by removing it from your diet makes you feel better, then it means your allergic or intollerant to it). So I removed all of these from my diet for 2 1/2 months. Because yeast feeds on sugar, I also had to eliminate sugar. I also had to cut on vinegar (no salad dressings, no ketchup etc.), no fermented alcool and so on).

To make a long story short, I don't know if you ever heard about the Yeast Connection and all the symptoms you can have if the yeast in your body is to high - the diet didn't help my dizziness, but I just noticed (2 years later) that since that diet I never (should close my big mouth - "knock on wood") had a urinary tract infection since then - used to have a lot of them .

Old 11-20-2004, 07:35 AM   #7
    crazylabyrinth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crazylabyrinth HB User

Interesting Mica as I too got convinced I had bodily candida at one point...eliminated all sugar for 3 wk but....felt no better My gynaecologist (as ive had bladder probs) says candida overrunning the body is not commona nd she said I didnt have that (I got tested for thrush etc - sorry to be graphic). I have wondered about cutting dairy though to see if t would help my ears/hayfever symptoms. Hmmm.

xx

Old 11-20-2004, 10:11 AM   #8
    jadeearth
    (female)

jadeearth HB User

Scott, Thank you for that information, when i first found out about the gas I looked into it being fat soluble or water soluble. Was never able to find out.

BTW, It was grapes nothing else for 3 days.

I think any stress on the body can effect its balance, thus our balance.
    Jade

Old 11-20-2004, 11:43 AM   #9
    moogeneric
    (female)

moogeneric HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazylabyrinth
    I have wondered about cutting dairy though to see if t would help my ears/hayfever symptoms. Hmmm.
    My chiro - who also works with kineseology and acupuncture and meridians and such - suggested I cut out dairy for awhile to see if it improves my dizziness. The reason for this, according to him, is that dairy affects the gall bladder, which is "connected" (meridian-wise?) to the inner ears, and all through the brain. Honestly, I don't really believe in this stuff, but have given it a go anyway just to see... and there hasn't been any difference. It's been maybe 3 weeks now, but I'm still sticking it through for another couple, because of my ENT's suggestion to cut out migraine trigger foods, which includes dairy, due to his suspicion that what I have MIGHT be MAV. :/ I still doubt I'm on the right course with the whole dairy thing, in regards to getting over my "illness," but, perhaps it would be the right one for others. I just really miss cheese!

Old 11-20-2004, 01:51 PM   #10
    hbep
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hbep HB Userhbep HB Userhbep HB User

HI there Moogeneric,

Just to say I sympathise on the cheese front. I had to cut it out due to MAV, I now dream of pizza,

best,

hbep

Old 11-21-2004, 03:12 AM   #11
    Chris1968
    (female)

Chris1968 HB User

When I went to see a craniosacral therapist he strongly advised me to cut out dairy so I am now about 5 weeks into a non dairy diet, but dont feel any better for it at all. I have tried the non dairy cheese and boy it is dreadful.

Hbep, dreaming about pizza too - yummmmmm,

Chris

Old 11-21-2004, 06:22 AM   #12
    Mica09
    Veteran
    (female)

Mica09 HB User

CL, the 3 common intolerances in food are - wheat, dairy, and yeast.

Closed Thread