It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Constant imbalance

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
    drinkwater
    (male)

drinkwater HB User
    Constant imbalance

Hi everyone,

I am 4 weeks now into constant imbalance, unsteadiness. It all started with nausea which then turned into imbalance with some nausea. Have seen doctors and tell me it's a virus and nothing to do. I am going nuts with this. The only time I feel good is when I lay down and don't move or when I sleep.
    I wake up in the morning and 10-15 minutes after I stand up it starts all over again and lasts all day. I also have sinus pain (they did sinus x-rays and said I could have sinusitus - gave me antibiotics and did nothing). I also have neck aches. Weird thing I also experienced a couple of times - my neck cracks and my left arm jerks up - i don't know if this is related but i touch the back of my neck I get a weird feeling that seems to increase the dizziness. I don't know anymore - Please help anyone !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 06:20 AM   #2
    groovyk

groovyk HB User
    Re: Constant imbalance

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drinkwater
    Hi everyone,

I am 4 weeks now into constant imbalance, unsteadiness. It all started with nausea which then turned into imbalance with some nausea. Have seen doctors and tell me it's a virus and nothing to do. I am going nuts with this. The only time I feel good is when I lay down and don't move or when I sleep.
    I wake up in the morning and 10-15 minutes after I stand up it starts all over again and lasts all day. I also have sinus pain (they did sinus x-rays and said I could have sinusitus - gave me antibiotics and did nothing). I also have neck aches. Weird thing I also experienced a couple of times - my neck cracks and my left arm jerks up - i don't know if this is related but i touch the back of my neck I get a weird feeling that seems to increase the dizziness. I don't know anymore - Please help anyone !
    Hi there!

I can totally sympathyse with your symptoms. I had a viral ear infection 5 months ago and like you the doctor said there was nothing to do but it let it go by itself. The viral infection went...but the dizzines continued. It has been 5 months now..5 months of constant dizziness. I also suffer with congestion and sinus pressure. I was given a spray which helped the congestion..but not the dizziness. In the past few weeks the sinus pressure is worse than ever.

Can you describe your symptoms?

Kelly

Old 12-16-2004, 06:26 AM   #3
    drinkwater
    (male)

drinkwater HB User

My dizziness is not the spinning type - it's imbalance or unsteadiness - I feel like I am moving or swaying even when I am not. My head feels heavy also - no ear pain. I do also have sinus pain but not that bad. I can handle the pain but not the imbalance. What about you ?

Old 12-16-2004, 06:31 AM   #4
    groovyk

groovyk HB User

My dizziness is not spinning either.

these are my symptoms

Heavy head/Light headedness/Spaced out

Feeling like I'm bouncing when I walk/Marshmallow walk/Trampoline walk.

A feeling of falling when I stand still. A feeling of falling when I sit still..also like I'm generally moving.

When I have a bath its hell..everytime the water moves I feel like I'm being thrown from side to side.

Old 12-16-2004, 08:54 AM   #5
    drinkwater
    (male)

drinkwater HB User

Do you have any nausea ? Have you been to see other doctors - other tests ?

Old 12-25-2004, 02:24 PM   #6
    soldatos
    Inactive
    (male)

soldatos HB User

do you ever feel back discomfort or a lump feeling in your throat, side of head numb? that's what i have along with your symptoms, it comes and goes, except for the last 2 days it's been with me.

Old 12-27-2004, 07:10 AM   #7
    dizzyone
    (female)

dizzyone HB User

Hi Drinkwater. I had been having some symptoms simalar to you, they started about six months ago, a spacey sorta feeling, everything seemed off, not blurry just off when I walked around, and at work, but I felt like a head pressure feeling as well. My doctor told me it was a virus and my didn,t leave either after the time she told me to wait. I saw an ENT who was useless and a Neurologist who sent me for more blood work and an MRI(which I am still needing to do in Jan) funny thing is my symptoms are going away, I still have the odd day were I notice something but I can go days without having any symtoms at all. So make sure you see doctors to get everything checked out that you can, but it still may go away on its own but somethmes it not just the few weeks the doctors tell you. I also felt better when I laid down, every morning when I opened my eyes I would lay in bed and think how does my head feel, is this going to be a good day or should I just stay right here. It can start to cause a lot of anxiety, talk to your doctor if you feel like that with this, anxiety seems to be related to a lot of inner ear things or vise versa. Good Luck Sandra

Closed Thread