It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• The anxiety returns

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2005, 08:02 PM   #31
    ASLme
    (female)

ASLme HB User
    Re: The anxiety returns

Hey this adrenaline rush stuff makes a lot of sense. A few months ago I would get these rushes in my stomach that would make me literally double over...didn't know what was going on though and it was so freaky. Stomach and brain are connected somehow speaking from personal experience!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 08:04 PM   #32
    Stitcher317
    (female)

Stitcher317 HB User
    Re: The anxiety returns

...Scott, you may want to search a little on the "second brain" might even throw the word "stomach" in there also. Lot's of enlightning info regarding the stomachs role in all of this. I think it will tie in the adrenal and intestinal responses to stress. Histamine plays havoc with my inner ear and that's another big player in stress besides the adrenal hormones.
    Later,
    Rick

Hi Rick and Scott,

I hear you loud and clear when you talk about the stomach, GI tract and adrenaline response. This is where my anxiety hits me. The least little irritant will set me off big time.
    I am now seeing a Board Certified Nutritionist. (Former Clinical Professor at one of the major medical schools, but can't remember which one).... WOW, she did tons of blood work, stool analysis, hair samples, etc. The results were amazing. (and expensive!) She is working on supporting my deficiencies with vitamins and minerals in hopes of elevating my body chemistry to levels that will help me resist the inpact of the stresses I am experiencing (VN, anxiety, Ativan withdrawal, hubby, etc.) She also feels that chemical and nutritional deficiency could have been the reason I fell victim to the VN to begin with. No secret what stress can do. If these viruses are around all the time, how come only a very few suffer from them.......She also feels anxiety and stress can kill you if you allow it.....Interesting though, she is not opposed to traditional medications. There is a place for benzodiazapines and SSRI's. Later, when I am established on a program designed especially for my needs, if I feel I need to continue on either medication, a lower dose will probably bring the same results.

I would love any feedback on the nutritional aspect.

Scott- Hope your tummy is better. You certainly have a lot on your plate right now.

Rick - thanks again for your great information. Your slant on this is quite enlightening. Such great minds at work here....

Good day everyone,
    Linda

Closed Thread