It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Ear Fullness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-09-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
    gloria2936
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gloria2936 HB User
    Ear Fullness

Hi Everyone.

I was just wondering if there is anyone who had ear pressure/fullness that has recovered from that symptom? I have it in my head too which I think everyone is describing as the brain fog.

I'm so annoyed with all this (I know everyone else is too). If I make a list of all the symptoms I had in the beginning, a lot has gone away. So I should be happy, but I'm not. I still have other annoying things going on in my head. I'M SICK OF CRYING OVER THIS! I just want my head back. I really don't think I can make it through this sometimes. I can't imagine having this for years like some of you.

Gloria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
    dizzy2
    (female)

dizzy2 HB User
    Re: Ear Fullness

Gloria, I have had the ear pressure and fullness. I also have allergies and eustachian tube problems. The fullness was really bad early in this. I have had it 7 months. It causes me to have earaches and pain. It has gotten better, but still comes and goes. I take Sudafed when it gets bad, which is a decongestant.

Old 06-09-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
    joeteche
    (male)

joeteche HB User

There are many reasons to have ear fullness. Have you had any tests or seen any doctors?

I know with stapedial myoclonus/tensor tympani syndrome (middle ear muscle spasms), fullness and pressure go hand in hand.

But fullness can be caused by ETD (eustachian tube dysfunction), SCDS (Semi-circular superior canal dishonence syndrome).

But as my muscle spasms reduce, so does my fullness.

Joe

Old 06-09-2005, 11:59 AM   #4
    MagicalRat
    (male)

MagicalRat HB User

anyone tried chinese medicine?

Old 06-09-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
    Jill43
    (female)

Jill43 HB User

Gloria,

You sound so much like me I can't believe it. I have such ear fullness I can't stand it. I am also dizzy, have a burning pain in my ear, down the side of my face and neck as well as the terrible ear or head noise. I don't know how much more I can take either. How long have you had this? I have been suffering with this for 18 months now. I sure hope you start to feel better soon!
    Jill

Old 07-14-2005, 06:25 AM   #6
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User

I also experience fullness. It drives me nuts......did anyone ever get a diagnosis.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #7
    xbombshell31x
    (female)

xbombshell31x HB User

hi gloria
    From reading the posts on here most people seem to have this head and ear fullness whatever our diagnosis is.I have it.When ever im on the phone my left ear keeps popping too.Can make me feel even more dizzy than i already am!!
    It only ever goes away when i lay down to go to bed but returns about an hour after getting up in the morning!!!STRANGE.
    I know how you feel when you say you dont know if you can cope with this for much longer.I thought that and still think that.I,ve had mine for over a year now.I dont have episodes of it ,i have it all the time.The headaches and pressure have got better since the start but not the dizziness.Im so glad you got the appt with the neuro-otologist.They will help you and give you the treatment you need to start getting better.It will be slow but you will get there.Im thinking of you.Take care of yourself.We are all here for you.
    xbombshell31x xxxx

Closed Thread