It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Shaky, lightheaded ahhh

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-24-2005, 10:21 PM   #1
    Sco24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Sco24 HB User
    Shaky, lightheaded ahhh

so today and a little yesterday i started having this shaky feeling inside my body again, it seemed to have come after and during a lightheaded thing.. im still feelin it right now actually.. really is horrible.. don't know what to do with it.. should i do acupuncture, does that help!? really, has anyone else felt this way or experienced this? does anything help stop it.. its so weird i just want it to stop.. ugh.. havent had this feeling since when i started gettin this vertigo garabe in the first few weeks.. it went away.. now it seems to ahve come back.. whats going on with me!?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 03:21 AM   #2
    Tesss
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tesss HB User
    Re: Shaky, lightheaded ahhh

Hi Scott
    I don't know how to make this go away but I wanted to reassure you that it is normal for this illness. I felt shaky for a long time and don't really know what helps. All I know is as I got better it would be less and when I felt worse I would also feel very shaky. I tried to go walking when I did feel shaky - almost to reassure myself that it wasn't actually weakness that was causing the shakiness, and that used to make me feel better.
    Take care
    Tesss

Old 10-25-2005, 12:32 PM   #3
    Sco24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Sco24 HB User

thanks tess.. yeah this is well, rediculous.. did u ever get a doc or any medical person to tell u what exactly causes the shakiness? also how old are u? if u don't mind me asking, because i was wondering how old you were when u started getting these symptoms, and how long you've been dealing with them?

Scott

Old 10-26-2005, 02:42 AM   #4
    Tesss
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tesss HB User

Hi Scott
    I am 29 - it was in fact a year ago tomorrow when I first got hit with this rubbish. Like you it was really bad in the beginning but it has gradually got better - for me the first 3 months were terrible and I was off work for that long, but things have gradually get better and I am not doing so badly now. It does take time and you do have to accept that this is what you have at the moment and that you may not be able to do everything that you were able to do before - for a while. I am totally confident that I will be back to total normality in maybe 6 months. But hopefully you will be a lot quicler than that.
    With me I have a lot of trouble when driving, and so I am not as independant as I would like to be, but I am now getting help in the form of vrt so I am confident that I will overcome this soon.

I was very concerned about the shakiness like you, as its really horrible. I used to think that if the shakiness went away I would be able to cope with everything else, it was one of the worst symptoms, and my bf used to joke that I should have called myself shakylegs on here! I went to the drs a number of times and they used to say it was caused by a virus and nothing to be worried about. Now I believe that its just part of the body coping with the dizzyness. I think that the dizzyness/loss of balance is very hard for the brain to deal with, and it uses so much energy that we get so fatigued, but also that other bits don't work so efficiently because the brain is diverting its normal resources, so thats why we get the other stuff too like shaky legs, brain fog, etc.
    Its only my theorey from dealing with this. It would be great to get a proper explanation but I have searched on google and I think that the research is based more on the balance, inner ear etc rather than the additional stuff.

By the way I am off work at the moment with a viral infection -I feel really tired and hot/cold, achy, and have very shaky legs again! I wonder if we have a bit of a weakness in this area which is why its playing up so much when we are ill.

How are you feeling otherwise - is the dizzyness still very bad, are you able to work, drive, get on with stuff or are you at home mostly?

Old 10-26-2005, 07:38 PM   #5
    Sco24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Sco24 HB User

i can pretty much function. but it comes and goes, its really about the lightheadedness now.. makes me feel like garbage. and the shaky feeling really is horrible.. its really bad when it hits at night, cuz im trying to sleep and it just makes the night lously. and i feel just all around not right. hard to describe but im sure u get the idea having gone through it as well. but one day i'm sure it will be gone, one way or another . haha.

scott

Old 10-27-2005, 06:31 AM   #6
    Yikes777
    (male)

Yikes777 HB User

I have also had the same problem, and I was told yesterday that it may be because I am not sleeping well. I sleep 6-7 hours, but after having a sleep study, I was told that the shakiness was from poor sleep and muscle twitching caused me to clench my jaw and therefore my inner ear may be aggrivated by that. One may be causing the other, so I'll follow up with my Dr again to see what he thinks.

Another theory, but maybe it will help in your search for a cure. I'm also posting a question today on another possibility.

Keep the faith.

Jack

Closed Thread