It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Could I have an ear infection?.. =\

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
    Kiyuri07
    (female)

Kiyuri07 HB User
    Could I have an ear infection?.. =\

For the past 5 months I've been really sick & with so many symptoms. The reason why I'm asking about an inner ear infection is because I'm having horrible head problems. Such as lightheadedness, foggy, headaches, and a horrible pain as if someone is pressing on my head or grabbing it tightly. My ears don't hurt but every now and then I get a serious pain deep in my ears & for the past couple of days now my left ear has been sore on the outside?

I'm really just curious to find out whats causing my head problems. I didn't even know that inner ear infections could cause some head troubles. =\ I would really appreciate any feedback, thanks. =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
    dizzyblond
    (female)

dizzyblond HB User
    Re: Could I have an ear infection?.. =\

Have you talked to your health care provider about the possibilty of an inner ear disorder? I don't know that most of us with vestibular injuries necessarily have pain, but many of us know all too well about the headaches, lightheadedness and nausea that can accompany this stuff. What has been your diagnosis up to this point, and what have you been dealing with in terms of being sick?

There is nothing as wearying as not feeling well - it just makes everything in life so hard! Even the easy stuff becomes a challenge when you are not yourself. Here's to a better new year - hope you feel much better very soon!!!
    Take care ~ Robin

Old 01-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #3
    gloria2936
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gloria2936 HB User
    Re: Could I have an ear infection?.. =\

Hello,

I can conquer with everything Robin said as her and I have similar symptoms, but just wanted to add that I do get occassional ear pain. I did have an initial ear infection in my right ear last January 2nd and all this inner ear stuff started about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks after the ear infection and the ear infection was totally gone. I did get pain oddly enough behind the opposite ear of the infection (my left ear) and I still after a year get pain (sometimes sharp or sometimes burning sensation in my left ear, occassionally in my right). The headaches have always been horrible, pressure, stabbing pain at the top and back of my head, but the good news is that after a year of every day head pain on most days now it is mild or just a little pressure and then every so often like last night the pressure and pain is bad but the severity of it is not every day like it use to be. It gets better but I believe it just takes a really long time.

If your GP confirmed that there is no ear infection then I would see a neurotogist. I do not recommend and ENT as I had some bad experiences with them and so have others on this board. (I'm not saying they are all the same, but it seems like they don't know much about the inner ear.) Their are a few that have had success with their ENT, but I'd go straight to the best source. A neurotogist can run some tests to see if it is inner ear related.

Take care - Gloria

P.S. - Hi Robin. Hope your doing better than the last time we spoke. I'm so/so. I have my better days and then my bad days. I'm hoping by summer I'm myself again. Take care - Gloria

Last edited by gloria2936; 01-06-2006 at 10:33 AM.

Closed Thread