It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Strange ear rumbling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
    marymk
    Veteran
    (female)

marymk HB User
    Strange ear rumbling

Hi,
    I've been having a 'rumbling' in my left ear for the past week or so. It's not constant. I think it happens when my head is at certain positions, and I can actually make it start or stop, with head movements (sometimes).

I do have a mild cold also - some sneezing and sniffling - it's not real bad. I'm thinking it's because of the cold - I have never had this symptom before. It doesn't feel like water in there - which I have had before (I was a frequent swimmer).
    A few years ago I did have a nasty inner ear infection - it may have been the same ear, but I don't remember. I do remember that the infection hurt awful and I had extremly bad vertigo. I don't have any pain with this, and am not dizzy at all. The ear does seem a bit full - but not as bad as I've experienced in the past. Also - the rumbling is not real deep into the ear - just a little.
    I also had ringing in the ear a few days ago - funny but I don't remember if it was the same ear.

Thanks for any input,

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread