It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Meclizine side effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
    Alexandra321
    (female)

Alexandra321 HB User
    Meclizine side effects

I was recently prescribed Meclizine for dizziness caused by fluid in my ears and, oh my goodness it has really dried out my mouth so bad. It also dried out my nose and eyes.

Does anyone else have any experience with this medication? If so, have you had any of those side effects? What can I do about it? I stopped taking it for now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
    pumama
    (female)

pumama HB User
    Re: Meclizine side effects

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alexandra321 View Post
    I was recently prescribed Meclizine for dizziness caused by fluid in my ears and, oh my goodness it has really dried out my mouth so bad. It also dried out my nose and eyes.

Does anyone else have any experience with this medication? If so, have you had any of those side effects? What can I do about it? I stopped taking it for now.
    Hi there,,
    Yes, that's the generic for Antivert. It's purpose is to dry the excess fluids. I talked with a nurse from my Dr's office,and she told me to keep drinking plenty of water, and that I could use saline for my eyes. That helped me.

Closed Thread