It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

I quit PT

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
dizzyandsad
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User
I quit PT

So I quit my physical therapy today. My PT told me if I didnt think it was helping that I could cancel and come back at the end of the month when he has completed his course on a manipulation on how to drain fluid from yur inner ear. SO since I was feeling horrible after the craniosacrel therapy I decided that might be best. I had 4 craniosacrel manipulations and it didnt help a bit. He also mentioned he could refer me to someone in the office that can perfom the Hall-Pike manuver. From the sounds of it it sounds just like a really intense and complex VRT?? Anyone ever have this done? It sure doesnt sound plesant he mentioned you get really dizzy and some people throw up in the begining until you get used to it......uh yeah sign me up for that?? Any info would be helpful thanks guys have a dizzy free day!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
herofix
(male)

herofix HB User
Re: I quit PT

Hey there,
I don't know if anyone else has addressed this but cranialsacral therapy is viewed very skeptically by many in the mainstream medical community. I thought when you said you were seeing a PT that you were getting regular physical therapy in a clinical setting...I'm guessing that wasn't the case. My physical therapy sessions involved the standard VRT's plus some balance exercises done on special inflatable devices designed for that purpose. Either way, if it wasn't working for you it was the right thing to quit, and I hope you can get some relief in another way.

Take care,
Dan

Old 01-11-2008, 06:03 AM   #3
dizzyandsad
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

yeah he only knows manipultations. He said since he is not trained in VRT's he doesnt want to try something he doesnt know. He is more trained in maunipulations. He is taking a course on a manipulation that works on draining the inner ear. I am going back at the end of the month to do that with him. That i think is at least worth a shot cause my options are nil and I have had fluid there forever since this started

Old 01-11-2008, 06:12 AM   #4
charlotte67
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Can you get a referral to Portland hospital..I bet they know vrt therapy? I know it is a drive..you could come 1x a month or so...and it could help you get well?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #5
Joni9921
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyandsad View Post
So I quit my physical therapy today. My PT told me if I didnt think it was helping that I could cancel and come back at the end of the month when he has completed his course on a manipulation on how to drain fluid from yur inner ear. SO since I was feeling horrible after the craniosacrel therapy I decided that might be best. I had 4 craniosacrel manipulations and it didnt help a bit. He also mentioned he could refer me to someone in the office that can perfom the Hall-Pike manuver. From the sounds of it it sounds just like a really intense and complex VRT?? Anyone ever have this done? It sure doesnt sound plesant he mentioned you get really dizzy and some people throw up in the begining until you get used to it......uh yeah sign me up for that?? Any info would be helpful thanks guys have a dizzy free day!!
Don't bother having someone do the hallpike, its for BPPV only. Sorry to say, but this is one crappy PT. Like I said, new diagnoses walk through the door everyday and the PT's job is to educate himself and treat you appropriately, not just fit you into his mold. I think Charlotte had a good suggestion, just going once a month would be fine because they could give you exercises the first time and update them each time.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
dizzyandsad
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

i will def think about it but right now is a bad time with his work he has missed alot already and it might be something I look into this summer where we dont have her school days affecting his time off as well....

Old 01-12-2008, 12:27 AM   #7
amww
(male)

amww HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoniMichelle View Post
Sorry to say, but this is one crappy PT.
Absolutely. Amazing how they seem not to even have a basic understanding of the anatomy of the ear? Draining fluids from the inner ear?

Closed Thread