It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

Ear pain, pressure and Heat

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
pkumar
(female)

pkumar HB User
Ear pain, pressure and Heat

Initially I was going thru the ear pain close to my right jaw after taking pain medicine for 2 weeks I went to see my dentist and he told me that I clinch my teeth while sleeping and that put pressure on my jaws. He made a custom mould to wear during the night.I have started wearing that while sleeping and pain has gotten worse. Now new thing have come up...when I keep my jaw closed, even during the day, I feel too much heat coming out of my right ear but as soon as I keep my jaws open, heat goes away. That heated ear is really bothering me now. Can someone help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
Ailman
(male)

Ailman HB User
Re: Ear pain, pressure and Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkumar View Post
Initially I was going thru the ear pain close to my right jaw after taking pain medicine for 2 weeks I went to see my dentist and he told me that I clinch my teeth while sleeping and that put pressure on my jaws. He made a custom mould to wear during the night.I have started wearing that while sleeping and pain has gotten worse. Now new thing have come up...when I keep my jaw closed, even during the day, I feel too much heat coming out of my right ear but as soon as I keep my jaws open, heat goes away. That heated ear is really bothering me now. Can someone help me?
The sharp frequent pain in my ear (RH) became so intrusive that I was finally sent for a scan. All that this proved was the absence of sinister causes; in fact my doctor was quite pleased with the pictures. But I was left with the pain... It was some weeks after the scan that I overheard two ladies, one of whom mentioned the pain in her ear and which had been diagnosed as arthritis in the local jaw joint. Cod liver oil was my next thought; I started taking two teaspoonsful after dinner each day. Over the next two weeks the pain slowly eased, and after 6 weeks the pain had disappeared completely. Being a bit of a sceptic I stopped taking the oil as a bit of a test; the pain came back after two or three days! I tried the 'stop and start' trial three times and I became convinced that arthritis was causing my pain and cod liver oil was easing the arthritis. Bingo! That was 15 years ago, since when I have been completely free from discomfort in the ear whilst becoming a regular user of cod liver oil.

Closed Thread