It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Facial numbness???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
    dizzyandsad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dizzyandsad HB User
    Exclamation Facial numbness???

Had something wierd happen.....yesterday in what felt like my left carotic (spelling?) artery in my neck a sharp pain for a quick second twice.....then today I had it again and the left side of my face went slightly numb for a few mins....the only change I have made is added Mag-Ox but it is just vitamins they cant cause that......my husband thinks pinched nerve anyone EVER feel that way??? Called my doc and of course she never called me back....

Im getting the feeling they all think I am a hypochondriac

Last edited by dizzyandsad; 03-26-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
    violet6
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User
    Re: Facial numbness???

D&S--

I think that facial numbness can be a sign of migraine...not sure about the neck pain...

--Violet

Old 03-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
    snh39
    (female)

snh39 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dizzyandsad View Post
    Had something wierd happen.....yesterday in what felt like my left carotic (spelling?) artery in my neck a sharp pain for a quick second twice.....then today I had it again and the left side of my face went slightly numb for a few mins....the only change I have made is added Mag-Ox but it is just vitamins they cant cause that......my husband thinks pinched nerve anyone EVER feel that way??? Called my doc and of course she never called me back....

Im getting the feeling they all think I am a hypochondriac
    If you have dizziness, the muscles in your neck that hold your balance will become tense, so maybe it's creating a nervy sensation in your face too. I had a whole score of numbing, tingling, pain, in my neck, face and back. When I don't have the dizziness, all this subsides. My PT has told me that your neck both front and back can get very irritated in the process of vertigo. You might find it subsides once your dizzy spells lessen.

- snh39

Old 03-27-2008, 05:00 AM   #4
    charlotte67
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

charlotte67 HB User

I get facial soreness and numbness in the scalp. I asked my neuro and he said it is a sign of migraine...just my two cents.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #5
    sheriff56
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sheriff56 HB User

Definately migraine, numbness and tingling for sure, horrid isnt it, my neck has always been tense since it all started I now get cracks and can feel nerves being pulled if I strain, relaxation exercises wont hurt for that.

D & S get that book . . . . . you wont need to call you doc then as that will re-assure you of all the symptoms you are getting.

Jayne
    xx

Old 03-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #6
    alexiwildchild
    Veteran
    (female)

alexiwildchild HB User

i have had the shooting pain in my neck a few times, but only a few times. as far as numbness. my face/forehead was having numbness a few days before all this stuff happened. i still get it every now and then, but none in my fingers or toes anymore. i think it's just because your brain is sending all kinds of mixed signals all over your body--but that's my thoughts haha

Closed Thread