It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Which one am I?? Primary Anxiety or Primary Migraine?? MARD??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #16
    Boslee2008
    Veteran
    (male)

Boslee2008 HB User
    Re: Which one am I?? Primary Anxiety or Primary Migraine?? MARD??

Scott let me ask you this.....after you bumped up the meds, and found out how strong of a reaction you had, did you consider lowering them back down to the 1/4?? I guess you stuck it out at the 1/2 once you got there, even though you had the bad side-effects?? If I started getting the agitation, I might consider bringing it back down for a few days to let it pass, and then move on. But as I said, according to info, if Lexapro stinks from the start, it tends to continue to stink. Thanks agian buddy!

Rich

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #17
    cknmbbl
    Veteran
    (female)

cknmbbl HB User

Rich,
    So is it your understanding that anxiety issues can lead to MAV?

CK

Old 08-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #18
    Boslee2008
    Veteran
    (male)

Boslee2008 HB User

yes, 100%!!!!!!!

Rich

Old 08-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #19
    tbissell
    (female)

tbissell HB User

''The 20-30% is only a stablizing effect on my crappy symptoms, not an improvement."

does this mean you dont see the shaky vision sometimes or even with the topomax is it still constant every sec of the day

Old 08-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #20
    Boslee2008
    Veteran
    (male)

Boslee2008 HB User

Even with the topamax it's constant, every second of every day. But I have other symptoms of course, and they vary in intensity. The topamax has topped the violent swings. But I can't breathe on this crap. Gotta get off it for that reason

Rich

Old 08-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #21
    studyin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Rich,

>>>after you bumped up the meds, and found out how strong a reaction you had, did you consider lowering it back down to the 1/4?? I guess you stuck it out at the 1/2 once you got there, even though you had the bad side-effects??

Yup, I should have gone back to 1/4 and stayed there longer. But I was so off my face, had a major presentation to give at work and now a 27 hour flight ahead of me next Saturday that I decided to totally abort the whole thing. I may have another go at all of this when I get back from the trip and do it all much more slowly, or I might try Prozac instead or Effexor. I really don't know. For now I am feeling OK again on a whole tablet of SJW although my gut is irritated. This I can handle on the holiday and the jet. The lex was just too scary with the trip coming.

I notice you started on the Effexor at 37.5 mg right off the bat. No wonder you felt crazy. Do what Hain said and start at 12.5 mg. I think you (and me) will be fine at that level.

Scott

Old 08-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #22
    Boslee2008
    Veteran
    (male)

Boslee2008 HB User

Yeah, I went right for the full 37.5mg lol. Like I said, it really wasn't the end of the world but it was definitely tough. You described a feeling of agitation even worse than mine in my opinion, although I had other annoying symptoms along with it like the nausea, constant headache and constant insomnia for a week. But still, the agitation was moderate in intensity but pretty consistent. Perhaps at the lower dosage, it would go away in a week or so. Effexor is pretty strong, but maybe that's why it knocks this thing out.

The Topamax is definitely working. I am not even wearing my sunglasses today. BUT, I can't breathe worth SQUAT! If I could go up to the full 100mg, I'd probably not even have to do an SSRI. But I need to breathe. Not sure why it is having that effect on me, but it is. It's not panic. Ive had this since the day I started it. It's just gotten worse and worse at each dose increase. I'm considering going back to 50mg, where it was moderately severe, instead of where I am now, huffing and puffing at every turn. I'm trying to relax, because I can't just take myself off it, so the breathing issue is no easy fix. I've been on this med for 3 months, so I have to stop it the same way I started it, which means 3 more months of not breathing easy lol. I'm still alive, which means it won't kill me, but I'm afraid of what it will do to my lungs during the dry winter months. Obviously this proves it's migraine. There are other meds. I'm thinking the topamax is just not for me because of this issue. If it didn't affect my lungs so bad, I would definitely go to the 100mg. I'd probably be fine. I think I was very close to a possible 75% improvement with topamax. But the breathing issue stopped me dead in my tracks. Now I'm stuck at 40%.

Rich

Closed Thread