It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Can't figure out what's wrong. :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
    rplume
    (male)

rplume HB User
    Can't figure out what's wrong. :(

I have been suffering from odd symptoms for about 8 months now. When my symptoms first appeared, there was an odd feeling on the right back portion of my head. This eventually turned into headaches; although more annoying ones than painful ones. I've also felt a feeling of foggyness in my head - and a feeling of disconnect or de-personalization. Shortly after, I experienced sporadic but brief symptoms of having my ears feel blocked and sometimes occasional ringing. I also experienced a feeling of heartburn, upset stomach, and a fluttering feeling in my chest. I went to the doctor, and was prescribed prednisone and a methdospak, which got rid of the fluttering and heartburn. The heartburn and fluttering went away and never returned, and the blocked ears and ringing ears went away on their own and haven't returned since either.

I've been to an ENT, neurologist, and GP. The neurologist thought it could have been migraines at first and gave me some sort of drug (Nortrip...something) which used to treat depression but is no longer used for that; mostly for migraines now. That didn't help, and migraines don't make any sense because I suffer none of the common symptoms and nobody in my family has any history of it.

Blood tests all showed healthy. I had an MRI performed with and without contrast and it showed me as healthy, except for full sinuses, and I tried flushing them. I was also prescribed a few antibiotics for this. This was a very interesting discovery because I haven't had any sinus issues that I'm aware of.

My ENT said that although the MRI showed blocked sinuses, since I wasn't experiencing any sinus related issues he doubts that was causing my issues. He blamed it on anxiety and prescribed me Xanax.

I've also just received new glasses thinking my outdated prescription could have been the cause, but since I've received them my symptoms haven't improved.

I'm still experiencing unusual symptoms... Mainly a sense of a foggyness/lightheadedness, and a feeling of disconnect or de-personalization. Everything sort of feels surreal at times. When this occurs, I can still think clearly, but everything seems to lose focus. Many times at night, my mind feels like it's rather unstable, almost a sense of going crazy. I get periodic headaches which don't seem isolated to a single part of the head. They are usually mild to moderate in pain. I'm also frequently experiencing a feeling of an upset stomach. The symptoms come and go. Some days will be great while others are horrible.

Any ideas?? Could this be an inner ear disorder, or...? Help!

Last edited by rplume; 12-14-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
    shfer
    (male)

shfer HB User
    Re: Can't figure out what's wrong. :(

It could very likely be sinus/inner ear and echuastrian tube or whatever that is called. They are all connected, and I am dealing with the exact same symptoms, I mean exact copy of what u just said. CT showed I had swollen sinus membranes and deviated septum.

It could be allergies too, they can be nasty, I got tested and waiting for results in 2 days.

Do u have fatigue too? Sometimes for me its extreme acompanied by dizziness and I feel like Im gonna pass out.

Are evenings better for u?

cheers

Old 06-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
    leeshy215
    (female)

leeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB User
    Re: Can't figure out what's wrong. :(

Please read what I had to say in my post. Even though you don't have a family history of migraines doesn't mean that you can't have them. Anyone is capable of having migraines. Becuase you keep stating you are having headaches there's a good chance all of this is being caused by migraines. Also you are most likely having anxiety about what your feeling and the fact that no one has properly diagnosed you. Anxiety makes a million things worse and will cause many more symptoms. Try to keep your anxiety under control until you get a real diagnosis. But again, please read my post, it might help you.

Last edited by leeshy215; 06-26-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Closed Thread