It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• ears,nose and throat?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2003, 06:37 AM   #1
    sunset
    Inactive

sunset HB User
    Post ears,nose and throat?

Hello,to you all,
    I was wondering if you could help me please,I was recently diagnosed with polyps in the post nasal area and lately it feels like I am swallowing over a swelling at the back of my tonsil (one tonsil is swollen the other is not)in the area of where the Eustachian tube start or just below your earlobe.
    It feels like a ball of congestion that i am swallowing over.My Eustachian Tube feels blocked all the time,could this cause this feeling?and my ear feels blocked all the time.
    One Doctor says there is fluid in the ears yet another Doctor says that they are clear.At other times the lump fells like its coming from the back of my nose and down into my Eustachian tubes like there is a swelling there.
    When i lay on this ear where the lump feeling is my ear hurts from the pressure of laying on it.Now and again the ear hurts,sort of like an earache but its not like a fullblown earache.Could the lid that opens and closes the Eustachian tubes be causing these feelings?
    If the nasal passages(on side with ear problems)is blocked when i wake up in the morning is really blocked on that side the tonsil feels like its really hurting.If the tonsil on this side is swollen could the polyps be causing this?or can you have swollen inflammed tonsils without having tonsilitis?
    Could this lumpy feeling be caused from blocked Eustachian Tubes? The glands under my neck are swollen,can you tell me what tubes control the congestion that goes down the throat?for when my tubes are blocked the congestion does not seem to flow down as when the tubes are unblocked,if the Eustachian tubes do not have fluid in them how come when the tubes open after being shut your throat fills with congestion?
    Is there such a thing as bubbles in the Eustachian tubes?and can they swell and cuse this feeling?and can your Eustachian tubes do all these things without there being an infection?
    Can one tonsill be larger than the other without there being anything wrong?I do have eustachian Tube Dysfunction and have spoken to a few other people with the same swelling under their tonsils,what else could cause this?
    Also i find that my jaw aches,could post nasal drip cause you to feel you have to keep swallowing over and over and over all the time over this feeling of a lump?
    Sorry this is such a long post but I have not been able to get any direct answers to these questions and i would appreciate it so much if you can help me out with this.
    Thank you so much for reading this post and i look forward to any advice you may be able to offer.
    God Bless and thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread