It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• does anybody get tired eyes also?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2003, 02:52 PM   #1
    AaronSauc

AaronSauc HB User
    Post does anybody get tired eyes also?

Hello all i just had a question and would appreciate your responses. I have had this mental fog for almost 5 1/2 months and it is a 24/7 thing what i also notice is that when my mental fog is at it's worse my eyes feel real heavy and tired it feels like i can't even keep my eyelids open. I begining to wonder if this is a vison problem. Because i also grew extremly sensitive to motion and bright lights. If i am in places with lots of people or lots of movement then my mental fog gets worse. Does anybody else feel like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2003, 04:02 PM   #2
    Subs30
    Inactive
    (male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
    Sure!

Search the Web for/on "Fuzzy Vision" good article explains it---while your on that page---click on "computer..." at the bottom of the "Fuzzzy Vision" page---not unusual at all.

Old 02-24-2003, 02:24 AM   #3
    Jen30
    Veteran
    (female)

Jen30 HB User
    Absolutely! Dizziness, mental fog and eye strain all go together with me. The worse the dizziness gets, the worse the other symptoms get. Sometimes it feels like my eyes are so heavy they just want to close.

Old 02-24-2003, 06:47 AM   #4
    Mica09
    Veteran
    (female)

Mica09 HB User
    Yes, the dizzier I feel, the fuzzier is my vision.

Old 02-24-2003, 08:39 AM   #5
    Ruth77
    Veteran
    (female)

Ruth77 HB User
    Hi ... me too! No fuzzy vision, but sometimes I feel overcome by sleeping sickness with this thing - feel like I need matchsticks to keep my eyes open. Thankfully I only seem to get this on the bad dizzy/disorientated days.
    Not normal tiredness - it actually feels like I've been drugged - like you say, your eyelids feel really heavy.
    As I've said in a previous post, I got lab 2 years ago (although it was not as bad as this time) but, you know, even when I got over it, I would still get that mental fog from time to time, accompanied by the drugged/heavy eyelids feeling. I can remember being at work and feeling it come over me - and having to go and sit in the toilets - because I literally couldn't concentrate on doing even the most minor thing. Then would somehow manage to get the bus home and just sleep for hours.
    I must admit that I never knew why I kept feeling like this, but having lab this time and reading much more about it, it all makes more sense. If you are overtired you are going to be more affected than you wouldhave been before you got your ear probs - if one side has to do all the work, well I guess its having to work harder all the time.

Ruth
    xxx

Old 02-24-2003, 08:43 AM   #6
    Ruth77
    Veteran
    (female)

Ruth77 HB User
    Oh by the way .... the question about the bright lights making things worse ... my colleague who has lab has exactly the same probs with bright lights in shops, etc...

Old 05-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
    herofix
    (male)

herofix HB User
    Re: does anybody get tired eyes also?

Hey guys,
    I know I'm "bumping" up a pretty old topic here, but this is one of my chief complaints and I was curious if any of the more recent members can comment on it as well. Basically when I wake up in the morning I feel pretty good, only a bit off balance, and my eyes are fine. Over the course of several hours, whether I'm on the computer at work or just hanging out at home, my eyes start to feel really tired and bleary, like I've been up really late. Often closing them for a few minutes helps clear it up a bit, so now I'm wondering if I've actually got a vision problem?! That would explain a lack of "spinning" vertigo and more of the "off balance" and brain fog we all know so well. Man, I better make a list of all these possibilities as I'm getting a full vestibular workup next week.

Thanks for any info you guys have!

Dan

Old 05-20-2007, 06:08 AM   #8
    ssdizzy
    (female)

ssdizzy HB User

I have that same thing .... wake up fine in the a.m., and then after being at work, using the computer, the lights, etc., I felt like I had to force myself to focus my eyes and even force myself to blink sometimes. I also got to the point where I just couldn't think. Basically I hit a wall and couldnt really function.

When I started VRT, my PT explained something to me that made a lot of sense ... she said that the vestibular system is cumulative and that every activity takes a certain number of "points." When you've hit that maximum number of points it can handle in a day, your vestibular systems won't work very well until you rest and regain those points. She said that different activities cost different number of points and that for those with vestibular problems each activity requires more points than for those with a normal vestibular system ... that's why people with vestibular problems can't do the same amount of activities in a day. So this kind of explained to me why I would hit that wall of fatigue every afternoon around 3:30 or so. Don't know if I explained that very well ... but I thought it was interesting and helpful when she told me.

But yes - I too often wonder if my eyes are getting worse or if it's just part of this illness, but it definitely seems like it's just part of the process.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #9
    charlotte67
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

charlotte67 HB User

SS...great post. I think that is a great description. I too feel like I "run out of points" at certain times of the day.

Closed Thread