It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Can Lexapro make you dizzier when starting?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
    renie2
    (female)

renie2 HB User
    Can Lexapro make you dizzier when starting?

Hi, I was on Lexapro for 6 years. Although I had two vertigo attacks that had me on my back for 24 hours unable to move, the rest of those years I felt great and dizzy free. Well, actually, as long as I gave up running and other jumping-type activities. I decided to go off lexapro in December and within 2 weeks, caught a virus that lasted for a month. It ended up settling in my inner ear and I've had imbalance ever since. I feel unstable, rocky, head feels wobbly, etc. It improved, but I found that I was unable to swim--motion sickness got really unbearable. I was swimming 12 miles a week and waiting anxiously for summer so I could swim outside. So I decided to return to lexapro after toughing it out almost 6 months. Now, after about a week on it, I've had even worse dizziness. Everything is setting off imbalance, and when I tried to swim, I was very dizzy for hours afterwards. Sunday I had a mini vertigo attack while playing basketball (just shooting hoops). Antivert got me back on my feet in 24 hours. This is misery. I don't know if I should stop the Lexapro or not. Otherwise, I have no complaints, but heck, this is why I went back on it, not to increase my dizziness. Any input about your knowledge or experience with first starting on lexapro is greatly appreciated. It's been about 2 weeks on it. Today I felt great and tried to do some VRT, and am now really off balanced. My family doc says to stay on the Lexapro. I am seeing my ENT on Monday but would love some input.

I'm still wondering if going off Lexapro caused the imbalance that started within 2 weeks of my virus. I was only taking .5 mg a day and weaned off it over a 2 week period per doctor's instructions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread