It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• How to get well from dizziness!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
    dino1736
    (male)

dino1736 HB User
    Re: How to get well from dizziness!

Hope that I'm doing this correctly. I'm 74 old and have been helped a lot by website such as yours. This is my first posting, so I pray that It comes out o.k.

I woke up one morning about 6 months ago and the room was spinning around. I was shocked, and I woke my wife and told her what was going on. Being a Pharmicist tech, she knew right away what it was. She cradle my head and then I was able to walk to the bathroom. But it linger, so I knew that I had to do something. Then I search the net and found out about the Epley Maneuver. My wife tried it on me, but I was still dizzy. One of the doctors in my doctors office is an O.D. Physician. I asked her if she knew of the Epley Maneuver and she said YES. She laid me on the table and moved my head below the table and moved it back and forth and then raised me up quickly. The manuever took less than 5 minutes and then Voila, the Vertigo was gone. Praise God!! it's been over 6 months and it has not returned. I hope this can help someone.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-26-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #17
    alborde
    (female)

alborde HB User

dino,
    welcome.
    if i were you, i would start a new thread with a new topic.
    you have new information to add that is different from the original poster.
    that way, people are more likely to read what you wrote.
    so glad to hear your good news and welcome!

Old 02-21-2010, 03:08 AM   #18
    studyin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Hi Dino,

You suffered from a very common vestibular problem that occurs with a much higher frequency in older people BPPV. The Epley or Modified Epley Procedure (MEP) clears these things up quite well (ocr 90% success rate).

Don't praise God, but praise the hard working scientists who develop these techniques. Without them, you could still be feeling dizzy.

All the best ... Scott

Closed Thread