It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• labyrinthitis treatment

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
    lindsaymckay
    (female)

lindsaymckay HB User
    labyrinthitis treatment

this virus is literately hell on earth and i feel for everyone who has this peice of crap ? iv had it for three months now, and still do and it all started off as a simple chest infection? when i got it i woke up feeling drunk and dizzy with a heavy head and unable to walk, my vision was off and twittchie almost as if it was not in tune with what i look at with my brain. i felt like i was on a boat and swaying constantly , other symptoms include neckacke, sensitivity to light, tinggly hands and feet , anxiety and sensitivity to things like salt, caffine etc basicaly paranoia.
    i went to various doctors here in the Uk , and they dont have a clue into this condition unlike the US. i had every test on earth including a massive needle put into my spine to drain fluid for testing, which itself was tramatizing, and horrific everything came out clear.
    anyway
    the drunk feeling stoped and now its just a slight swaying feeling with a clogged head sensation and bad vision and fixation to everything, i constantly feel like im in a dreamlike state. its a pain but its important not to be depressed by all of this as it will only make things worse. Try to live a normal life and simply train your brain to forget whats going on evin when u get blury vision headaches etc its just part of the virus acting up and being stressed by it slows down recovery causes panic attacks and depression. sometimes when i get stressed about my condition and have (twittering eyes) or eyestrain i look at other peoples visual gaze , ex friend or family and watch how slow and appropriate their eyemovements are and this helps with re-training my brain as to how things sould be vissualy percieved. iv never tried any medication for this and i dont think anyone should unless it is a definate cure but things like (like anti sickness medications, anti vertigo crap) will make matters worse.

some tips to help you cope include a steamer for the face, try steaming youself atleast once a day preferably in the morning with vicks or water this will help clear the heavy head feeling, your sinusis all of that.

ginger chews. help a little (dont know why). take them like crack....(aka percribe when in need)

medical marijuna helps (although not recomendid for people with parania or panic problems) it also has medicinal properties that can help.

cutting out all the crap u put in your body as they cause dizzy spells like caffine, nicotine, chocolate, and anything that looks dodgy, sugar seems ok ? but not to sugary?like candy, cola etc

exercise? cycling great for balance problems and ur visual gaze however not recomendid for people in the (drunk stages of this condition) it would look kinda odd...also, walking and things like driving in a car are great to retrain the brain on this condition....but basicaly just try to forget everything and keep active
    hope this helps X

The following user gives a hug of support to lindsaymckay:
    slenderella (07-24-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
    biteneck
    (female)

biteneck HB Userbiteneck HB Userbiteneck HB User
    Re: labyrinthitis treatment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lindsaymckay View Post
    this virus is literately hell on earth and i feel for everyone who has this peice of crap ? iv had it for three months now, and still do and it all started off as a simple chest infection? when i got it i woke up feeling drunk and dizzy with a heavy head and unable to walk, my vision was off and twittchie almost as if it was not in tune with what i look at with my brain. i felt like i was on a boat and swaying constantly , other symptoms include neckacke, sensitivity to light, tinggly hands and feet , anxiety and sensitivity to things like salt, caffine etc basicaly paranoia.
    i went to various doctors here in the Uk , and they dont have a clue into this condition unlike the US. i had every test on earth including a massive needle put into my spine to drain fluid for testing, which itself was tramatizing, and horrific everything came out clear.
    anyway
    the drunk feeling stoped and now its just a slight swaying feeling with a clogged head sensation and bad vision and fixation to everything, i constantly feel like im in a dreamlike state. its a pain but its important not to be depressed by all of this as it will only make things worse. Try to live a normal life and simply train your brain to forget whats going on evin when u get blury vision headaches etc its just part of the virus acting up and being stressed by it slows down recovery causes panic attacks and depression. sometimes when i get stressed about my condition and have (twittering eyes) or eyestrain i look at other peoples visual gaze , ex friend or family and watch how slow and appropriate their eyemovements are and this helps with re-training my brain as to how things sould be vissualy percieved. iv never tried any medication for this and i dont think anyone should unless it is a definate cure but things like (like anti sickness medications, anti vertigo crap) will make matters worse.

some tips to help you cope include a steamer for the face, try steaming youself atleast once a day preferably in the morning with vicks or water this will help clear the heavy head feeling, your sinusis all of that.

ginger chews. help a little (dont know why). take them like crack....(aka percribe when in need)

medical marijuna helps (although not recomendid for people with parania or panic problems) it also has medicinal properties that can help.

cutting out all the crap u put in your body as they cause dizzy spells like caffine, nicotine, chocolate, and anything that looks dodgy, sugar seems ok ? but not to sugary?like candy, cola etc

exercise? cycling great for balance problems and ur visual gaze however not recomendid for people in the (drunk stages of this condition) it would look kinda odd...also, walking and things like driving in a car are great to retrain the brain on this condition....but basicaly just try to forget everything and keep active
    hope this helps X
    Hi Lindsaymckay,
    Can you please tell me how you are doing now? I was diagnosed with vestibular neuritis that caused 25% weakness in left ear. I am hoping for full compensation soon. How long did yours last for and did you ever find out how much % weakness you had that could be causing it? I have heard it can take 6 months at least for it to start to feel a lot better. I have been feeling woozy and just had my last dizzy spell on Monday, 6/11 while out walking with my baby girl who is only 5.5 months and it freaked me out because it was the first time I went out by myself with her since this started. It started in March 2012 and I have so much anxiety about this. I am so worried to drive or do anything by myself. Although I must admit, it seems to have gotten better but ever so slowly. I have to look at it monthly and not daily or even weekly. Is that similiar to you? I even have head pressure with mine above my ears on the sides of my head. When this first started I actually had a chill in my head when I felt the dizziness. I just want it to stop so I can be here fully for my baby daughter. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Closed Thread