It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• water logged ear!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #1
    cookie0880
    (female)

cookie0880 HB User
    water logged ear!!!

my right ear feels like if has water in it; like something moving around in it.....for the last 3 years!!! i have went to numerous ENT's..they all tell me the samething, use an OTC drop that absorbs all the water..well, that hasn't worked and now i have been getting vertigo all the time. just as soon as the vertigo goes, it comes back within 3-4 weeks. i am not a stupid person and have a feeling that all of this pertains to my sinus cavities and if i could find a good ENT that can tell more instead of telling me i have no hair in my ear canals, i am sure there has to be somebody out there that knows what this is and can help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
    cookie0880
    (female)

cookie0880 HB User
    Re: water logged ear!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cookie0880 View Post
    my right ear feels like if has water in it; like something moving around in it.....for the last 3 years!!! i have went to numerous ENT's..they all tell me the samething, use an OTC drop that absorbs all the water..well, that hasn't worked and now i have been getting vertigo all the time. just as soon as the vertigo goes, it comes back within 3-4 weeks. i am not a stupid person and have a feeling that all of this pertains to my sinus cavities and if i could find a good ENT that can tell more instead of telling me i have no hair in my ear canals, i am sure there has to be somebody out there that knows what this is and can help me.
    Well, went to another ENT...he prescribed ear drops, Dermotic oil. Says I have eczema in the ear. And to continue with the exercises for the vertigo.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
    Marie 67
    (female)

Marie 67 HB User
    Re: water logged ear!!!

I had to have my left ear drained of fluid after an ear infection. This was done three weeks ago. I still cannot hear properly. The ent says it's because the slit in the eardrum that was made when it was drained and suctioned has not sealed up yet. I'm alittle skeptical myself. I can't imagine how a tiny hole could cause that much hearing loss. Don't know if the fluid damaged my ear while it was in there. The first ent that I saw right after infection would'nt do anything for me except flonase which didn't do anything. Waste of money. The fluid was in my ear for 10 weeks. They say to wait for about 12 weeks and if it doesn't drain to have it removed then. You would be way past that time limit so I would find an ent to go a myringotomy or put a tube in the ear to get rid of the fluid. It can be glue ear which is mucus and thick and then when it hardens it damages the bones in the ear. I would have it removed.

Closed Thread