It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Bleeding Ear

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
    Toobs
    (male)

Toobs HB User
    Bleeding Ear

Last night, I was using a qtip to clean out my ears. I went too far with the left one and OUCH. At the time, I saw no blood on the qtip and my ear went back to normal. A few hours later, I was listening to music with my custom earphones that are molded to my ears. After few hours, later, I took my earphones off and my hearing was fine and I went to bed. No pain in the ear or blood.

I woke up a few hours later, my hearing in my left ear was worse. I then started noticing there was blood in my ear. I cleaned it up and then went to bed. I woke up at around 3am and couldn't hear anything. There was blood still in my ear.

I went to the ER and they told me that my eardrum looks fine, but there is like a tiny cut in my ear that is bleeding. They sent me home with 7 days of antibiotics and no ear drops.

My hearing hasn't come back yet, but it's been less than 24 hours since the qtip. I took my first antibiotics and took a nap. I can still feel the blood dripping on my pillow while I try to sleep. I went back to the ER this morning, because I was in a panic that my ear was still bleeding. The doctor said that there is nothing that we can do and just let my ear heel.

Does anyone have any suggestion? I'm really concern with my hearing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
    Robocat
    (female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User
    Re: Bleeding Ear

Your cut is located in your ear canal, where sound is conducted/recieved. It would explain why you might be experiencing some hearing loss. There is probably some swelling going on. Have you tried any over the counter anti-inflammatory medication? Once the swelling goes down and the cut is healing you should regain your hearing. From now on, don't stick qtips in your ear. Use a Kleenex. Wipe around your ear. Hope this helps

Old 09-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
    Toobs
    (male)

Toobs HB User

The bleeding has stopped, but I still can't hear. You are right. Most likely my canal is swollen and that is why I still can't hear. I'm going to see my doctor in a few days. The antibiotics is really making me tired, but I need to take them.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
    Toobs
    (male)

Toobs HB User

If I rub my ear hard enough, I can hear a little bit, but that might be also irritating the cut. I gotta wait it out. My ears are the most annoying thing on my body.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
    Toobs
    (male)

Toobs HB User

My hearing is coming back, but I have a lot of dried blood in my ear. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow for a followup. I don't think there is a lot of inflammation in my canal. It doesn't feel like an infection. From what I can tell, there is no fresh blood. I'm hoping that my doctor will flush out my ear or give me ear drops. I'm still taking antibiotics, which is draining my body.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
    Robocat
    (female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User

You can flush it out at home with 50/50 solution of warm saline and hydrogen peroxide. Let it sit in your ear and bubble then tip it out and repeat. It'll soften up the crusted blood and flush it out. Don't use cold saline or you'll experience vertigo, hot saline or you'll burn yourself. Make sure you test it on your wrist first.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
    Toobs
    (male)

Toobs HB User

I saw my doctor yesterday and I have to go back in a week to flush out my ear. My doctor said it's just too soon and the canal is still too red. He can't see the eardrum due to the junk in my ear. I just have to wait for it to fully heel.

Closed Thread