It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Does anyone know what this might be?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
    Marie 67
    (female)

Marie 67 HB User
    Does anyone know what this might be?

I had an ear infection over the 4th of July. My ear has not been the same since. I have no insurance but managed to scrape up enough money to go to an ent on the 24th of July. Was told to use Fluticasone steroid spray. This has never helped. Went back to the same ent in August and had what I thought was a typanometry test and was told that my eardrum was moving and there was no water present. What I forgot to mention was before going to the ent for the first time I was diagnosed with otitis media with effusion. When getting the infection I could hear my own heartbeat, ear was plugged up and aching and speaking was very bothersome. I'm still having popping, although it will only pop once when it does it. The fullness comes and goes and I'm getting an echo, vibration or sound of air in my ear and its very uncomfortable to speak. It's hard to explain. I was examined a couple of days ago by a nurse practitioner who said I had bubbles of fluid behind my eardrum that looked sterile. Wouldn't that contradict the tympanometry test? This has gone on for a long two months and I'm scared that something permanently is wrong. I've been reading the forums and it sounds like I could have a patulous eustachian tube. Does anyone know if you can have that and still have some fluid behind eardrum? Is patulous eustachian tube permanent? This has caused me psychological stress that has been unbelievable. I've never had these feelings in my life. Everything was fine prior to the ear infection. Does anyone have any idea of what my chances for recovery are? Any information would be welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread