It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• To all dizzy/foggy/lightheaded/ear fullnes sufferers; please enter.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
    KristyBabe
    (female)

KristyBabe HB User
    To all dizzy/foggy/lightheaded/ear fullnes sufferers; please enter.

Hello everybody.

I've been reading this boards for few months now, and I wanted to share you with my story and mostly make some conclusion with all of you that may be helpfull.

My husband is 29 years old and he is suffering for the past 1 year from several things, I will try to make it short;
    It started with chronic sinusitis, ear fullness with cracking noises when he eat/yawn/swallows, foggy head feeling , dizzy most of the day (sometimes with nausea) and as a result of this simptoms he has anxiety too.

He did a sinus (FESS) surgery 4 months ago, we hoped it will solve the problems of the ear/ Eustachian tube, but it helped only to clean the sinuses.
    The major problem is that he stopped working about half a year ago because he is always dizzy and feel this brain fogg. We've been to several good ENT's and they sayed he might have ETD. All his blood tests, hearing tests, ct scan,
    Neurological examination and internal exam of his ears- everything is 100% fix.
    -(no vertigo or tinnitus , no issues with hearing loss or pain, no fluids)
    The doctors says it can just gone some day but we still waiting. He tried antibiotics, nasal sprays, Ear-Popper and now we are trying to give a chance to homeopathic remedies- still no change. (We were susggested to put tubes but don't want to take any risk it will get worse).
    Our Doctor suggested us that the next and final step is try medications for anxiety like Cipralex or any other SSRI pills.
    We have lots of doubts about that althogh the doc thinks it will allow him to continue with his life since he is not been able to get back to work, he stopped training and lots 22 pounds for 1 year!! ( He isn't depressed ,but he keeps himpself busy during the day and avoid going to crowded places)
    My question to you is:
    What do you think about the medications? Should we give it a try?
    Does anybody has another idea of what can it be? Maybe we missed something?
    And last question:
    Can you describe your own dizzy filling- when excatlly it begins\stops?

Thanks In Advanced to all .
    Lots of health!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
    Stretch1one
    Veteran
    (male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
    I'm sorry for your husband I hope you get some responses

Old 09-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
    KristyBabe
    (female)

KristyBabe HB User
    Re: To all dizzy/foggy/lightheaded/ear fullnes sufferers; please enter.

Dear Stretch1one, Thank you.
    Hope I will get some responses soon.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
    Marie 67
    (female)

Marie 67 HB User

Dear Kristy,
    I know what your husband is going thru as it sounds like we are having the same symptoms. Does his ear or ears just feel clogged or plugged up like with earplugs? That's the way my ear has felt since having this ear infection almost three months ago. I was left with fluid behind my ear from it. Fullness feeling in the ear and off-balance feeling. I was also having popping and cracking noises but they slowly stopped. I was still left with the plugged up ear. I have lost almost half my hearing ability in that ear. I believe this is eustachian tube dysfunction. I'm going to look into the eustachian tube dilation. I've heard that there are three doctors in the US that are doing this now. There is no other option for relief for us except tubes which don't work more than half the time.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:09 AM   #5
    KristyBabe
    (female)

KristyBabe HB User

Dear Marie 67
    Thank you for responding.
    He says the ears feel clogged all the time and the dizzy is most of the time.
    About the baloon dialtion we already asked our ENT on that surgery ( he is the best in our area and he is doing this surgery) but from some reason he said my husband is not match to that operation and he also said there is a chance that it will make him feel worse. I don't know why. So the only choice he left for us is either to do the tubes or stay like that and hope one day everything will clear itself.
    For now we decided not to go for the tubes and he is on homeopathic remedies which still doesn't help him.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
    Marie 67
    (female)

Marie 67 HB User

Who is your doctor that is doing the dilation surgery? Did he look at your husbands eustachian tubes with a camera? Did you go see Dr. Poe in Boston? I don't think I would recommend getting any tubes unless fluid is present in the ear. That is my situation so I'm actually forced into doing this. I would never do it voluntarily. There are just too many possible complications. Someone posted on here that they had tubes and when they were out there was still a hole in their eardrum. They have had surgery twice at two prominent hospitals in Ohio and both surgeries failed. They have lost 30-40 percent hearing ability in the affected ear. I feel like I already have hearing loss in my affected ear, so I wouldn't want to do anything that might make it worse or cause anymore hearing loss unless I have fluid re-accumulation and therefore have no choice really. Has there been any inprovement?

Closed Thread