It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Inner ear myoclonus (ear thumping/popping) FIXED!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
    twin5
    (male)

twin5 HB User
    Inner ear myoclonus (ear thumping/popping) FIXED!

I've been battling this problem for over 5 years! I've had ear tubes installed with no help, ear surgeries done...cut the tendons to the tensor tympani and stapedius muscles in both ears with no help, magnesium pills which helped slightly, took clonazepam which helped alot but did not fix it and I had to overdose sometimes to calm my ears down.

NOW, for what worked for me. I completely removed all Caffeine from my diet and BINGO! Fixed. I eliminated as much caffeine from my diet as I could. No coffee, tea, chocolate etc. The odd time I'll have a decaf coffee (which still has some caffeine) but I try and drink Chamomile tea which calms you. I find since I've cut out caffeine, I'm more relaxed, not as stressed out, sleep better, no headaches/migraines. The migraines were so bad I'd loose part of my vision when they'd come on.

Funny thing is, I used to get at least 1 migraine a week. Sometimes 2. I haven't had a migraine or bad headache in months. And the thumping in my ears, which was labelled as inner ear myoclonus, has completely stopped. I personally think my problem could have been Eustachian Tube Disfunction. The odd time, like after I yawn, I get 1 or 2 little pops but it doesn't continue for hours, days...like it used to. I have been problem free for over 3 months. I didn't want to post anything until I was completely sure.

I just wanted to share what worked for me and hopefully help others plagued with this horrible problem.

Thanks,

Mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
    lovineachday
    (female)

lovineachday HB Userlovineachday HB Userlovineachday HB Userlovineachday HB User
    Re: Inner ear myoclonus (ear thumping/popping) FIXED!

That's amazing!!! Good on ya for figuring that out yourself and getting yourself some relief.
    Nice of you to share too. I am a Starbucks fan and hate to think coffee is bad for us... but you do hear about the caffeine/vestibular thing a lot. I know I don't drink enough water throughout the day and must work on that.

Closed Thread