It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Question about Vestibular Compensation or for those who have gone through it

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
    PaperRobot
    (male)

PaperRobot HB User
    Question about Vestibular Compensation or for those who have gone through it

I have a question for those who are familiar with Vestibular compensation or who have gone through it.

I am a 38 year old male and I have been off balance 24/7 since June 2013. I've had every test in the world and have been to 8 different doctors for different reasons. I'm told that it is not life threatening, but of course I worry all the time. I've been going to Vestibular Rehabilitation regularly for the last month and I try to be as active as I can. I believe the culprit is my left ear because I've had fluctuating tinnitus in that ear for the duration of the balance issues. No hearing loss.

Back when this started, I could feel my head and body moving drastically to the right, left, up and down and now I feel a more general sluggishness in my symptoms. I also used to feel like I was walking on trampolines or moving up and down, now it is less dramatic. I also have regular headaches and I can feel my forehead and neck get really warm during these times. No temperature, higher than 98.5 degrees, I've checked it every time. Some have described this feeling as brain fog or depersonalization. It is very difficult to do anything while this feeling persists. After 24-48 hours, I'm back to feeling simply off balance again.

What I wonder is... Is this the process of compensation?

Is this the feeling of my brain "re-wiring itself"?

I would like to know if anyone has had similar symptoms.

Has anyone felt the effects of compensation without these awful feelings?

Thank you for your responses in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    balance exercises, head ache, inner ear disorder, tinnitus, vestibular disorders