It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• cochlear hydrops

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
    wendy7426
    (female)

wendy7426 HB User
    Unhappy cochlear hydrops

I have been treated for cochlear hydrops for about a month now. My symptoms started out as a soft wind in my ear, with tv sounds that sounded that they were coming out of my ear, and fullness in the ear..all in the left ear. My treatment is 37.5mg of daily triamterene. I'm also on a 2000mg sodium, no salt, no alcohol, no caffeine diet restriction. Lately, I have been receiving daily dial-tone blasts in that ear which last for about two hours. They are so loud I can't do anything but pace the floor. I almost called the ambulance and checked myself in. Can anyone with cochlear hydrops please shed some light on the future of this disease and tell me why my ear start blasting off like this every day? I forgot to mention..after every blasting 2 hour foghorn attack, I can actually hear out of both ears, whereas, otherwise, they are blocked until the next blowout! Thank you!

Last edited by wendy7426; 10-20-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread