It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Why am I dizzy all the time???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
    ny000144
    (male)

ny000144 HB User
    Unhappy Why am I dizzy all the time???

So the bottom line is I've been dizzy for nearly six months and not a single doctor I've gone to has figured out why and some don't even take me seriously. It started in Aug. 2013, went away for two weeks and then came back in Sept. 8 and I still have it.

Basically, I feel like I'm swaying. I feel unbalanced. It's not a room-spinning dizziness it's more like I'm on a boat swaying/tilting to the left. I feel like my insides are spinning while the outside world is still. I don't have sensitivity to light or sounds thank goodness. I have facial pain on the left side near my forehead, ears, and jaw. I have TMJD or something similar to it because my left TM Joint is flat (arthritic) and the right one isn't normal either and the joints click but many of the doctors I have been to don't think that's what's causing the dizziness although dizziness can be a symptom of TMJD or so I've read (though the doctors I've been to don't see it that way). I also have a deviated septum, and an enlarged tonsil. I had a recurring ear infection from 2008 to 2009 but no other ear problems other than a build up of wax. I only had one major sinus infection in 2010 that cleared up with antibiotics. One doctor suggested migraines but the neurologist I went to see didn't even think it was a possibility.

My symptoms are constant disequilibrium/dizziness, and facial pain/pressure/dullness that seems to come from different areas: sometimes my whole nose hurts, other times it feels like it's coming from behind or under my nose. Sometimes it's on the left side of my forehead. The dizziness is the worst symptom, it gets worst when I'm in enclosed spaces like the shower. The dizziness does seem to calm down when I'm walking but when I'm standing still I feel like one leg is shorter than the other one most of the time, and the constant swaying...ugh! I've had different tests done: CT scan, MRI of the brain and arteries, a nerve test, an ENG test, an EKG and a hearing test: all are apparently normal. I've been to two ENTs, two PCPs, two neurologists and three dentists (for the TMJ) and NONE of them have figured it out and some I feel don't take me seriously. I've even had doctors tell me: "sometimes we can't diagnose it and you have to live with it". What kind of answer is that???

I've taken all sorts of drugs: OCT pain killers, prescription naproxen, antibiotics, Xanaflex, Nadolol, Antivert (Meclizine) as well as supplements like vitamins, magnesium, zinc, glucosamine BUT nothing makes the dizziness go away or helps.

I have to literally force myself to go to school, work, internship etc. I wish I were my normal self. I'm 26 and I can't function properly!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
    biteneck
    (female)

biteneck HB Userbiteneck HB Userbiteneck HB User
    Re: Why am I dizzy all the time???

Hello,
    I would suggest seeing a neurotologist. They specialize in the inner ear and can do more research and testing for you. I hope you get better.
    Nicole

Closed Thread