It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• ear ringing and anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
    coffeelove
    (female)

coffeelove HB User
    ear ringing and anxiety

Hello
    I wanted to say hello and express how my ear issues have been causing me to have some anxiety about many things. I have the classic thumping in my ears and ringing with the head and ear pressure. I have been to my ent and he thought Rhinitis or/ allergies. but I feel like since I was a kid my ears have always popped and had fluid/ on and off feeling of imbalance. I wanted to ask if anyone else has the anxiety that comes along with it? or the sensitive to light and walking into big department stores or target...the lighting is horrible. I hope to hear from you soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
    biteneck
    (female)

biteneck HB Userbiteneck HB Userbiteneck HB User
    Re: ear ringing and anxiety

Hello,
    I do not have ringing all the time but I do have inner ear weakness and it causes mixed signals to my brain about balance and where I am. So I get dizzy a lot and I totally understand about feeling uncomfortable in big department stores. I feel off most of the time and like I'm in a dream, like things feel unreal. It didn't seem to cause as much panic for me two years ago, it was annoying but now it feels like the anxiety and panic is worse than it was before. Strange because you'd think I'd get use to it. Might just be how my brain is now wired to go straight to panic. I need that pattern to break! lol Anyway, I was told I have MAV and doctor has put me on klonopin. I am feeling uneasy with being on a benzo, so at my next appt. on Apr.22, I will be asking about a different medicine. I hope you can get the help you need.
    Take care,
    Nicole

Closed Thread