It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-20-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
    kristinisdizzy
    (female)

kristinisdizzy HB User
    Unhappy Please help!

Hi all - I am 19. I have been dizzy on and off since February. I would really sincerely appreciate if any of you would take a minute to read my story and offer some insight. I cannot see the ENT until July and I'm breaking down.

My ear symptoms started in December with a minor clicking sound when I would move my arms, I chalked it up to TMJ. In January my right ear's hearing began to go out, when I moved my jaw or talk a certain way my hearing went muffled - only happens some days.

The first time it went distorted was during the Super Bowl (early February) my step dad yelled at the TV and my ear took it as this loud distorted sound - it sounds very buzzy and odd.

The end of February I got dizzy for the first time. I assumed it was due to starting new medication (fluoxetine) and tried my best to ignore it. The dizzy was there when I moved my head mostly. Then the symptoms stopped for about 2 weeks.

The dizziness came back and I knew it wasn't my medicine at that point. I went to the walk in clinic and got a referral to the ENT Who I can't yet see, I don't know how I'm supposed to love like this - the symptoms come and go. Last week I was symptom free then on Monday my hearing started going out with jaw movements, then Tuesday it got worse and the dizziness started. Wednesday Thursday Friday and today have been awful. I'm trying to live despite the dizziness, Moving my head to allow the spins to come and not being afraid but it's hard. I'm very scared.

My ear hurts. Sometimes it feels like there's liquid deep in there and it makes it a bit itchy but I don't know if that's my mind playing tricks on me or not. I'm so lost and I'm so scared. I'm tired of my brain feeling like it's spinning in my head.

I also experience fullness in the ear and ringing as well as clicking when I jump up and down.

Thank you for reading this, if you can offer any help or words of encouragement please do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
    biteneck
    (female)

biteneck HB Userbiteneck HB Userbiteneck HB User
    Re: Please help!

Hello,
    Please take comfort in that you re definitely not alone. There are many of us ear disorder sufferers out here. It's just that society and the health field does not seem to talk about it at all. Please keep your appt. with the ENT. See if you can get in any earlier. If you call, you can ask them to contact you if they have any cancellations. You will probably have some ear testing and balance testing to check and see if you inner ear is working well. Then the doctor will go over your test results with you and should make a plan as to what to do to help you. Please let us know how things go. If you get worse, I would say to head to the Er just to be safe. I wish you the best.
    Nicole

Closed Thread